Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss I tried a total of 12 trumpets today, decided to purchase... in the General forums; Spawn, Congratulations on your new trumpet! I hope it plays even better than the display model. -Erik...
    Spawn,

Congratulations on your new trumpet! I hope it plays even better than the display model.

-Erik

Forte User
    Spawn. The Bach is a great choice. However, make sure that the new one you bought plays better then the display model. There is a good chance it might be a better instrument but maybe not. Don't let a couple of dings that can be taken out easily prevent you from buying that display model trumpet if it is the best one there.

TM

Fortissimo User
    Spawn...one other thing you might keep in mind. When you receive the new horn, make sure you pull all the slides and look down them towards the valves with a flashlight. What you are looking for are blobs of solder that have been left inside! You should also remove the valves and look down each cylinder. Here you will be looking for "voids" where the slide "holders" are soldered into the valve casings.

Speaking from experience!

Pianissimo User
    Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information