Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss If it didn't cost you $200 to do it, how many of you . . . in the General forums; I was just wondering . . . How many folks out there would love to try a Wild Thing that ...

If it didn't cost you $200 to do it, how many of you . . .

I was just wondering . . .

How many folks out there would love to try a Wild Thing that haven't because the restocking fee is $200 and up.

I, for one, would never have tried one. I just stumbled across a nearly new one for sale and got totally blown away when playing it. I'll bet I'm not the only one.

I'm always writing about how well they play and sound, but so many people have never had the chance to experience what I write about.

Who would try one if they had a chance without paying that necessary restocking fee?

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

I would not pay two hundred dollars to try a trumpet.
    Why does it cost that much?

I have played a Wildthing and I thought it played well.

I hear a lot about the price of a Monette but this is Two Hundred for nothing.

Pianissimo User
    Did I miss something? I believe Tom was asking if anyone would be interested in trying the Wild Thing if there was NO restocking fee if they chose to return it? Tom, did I understand you correctly?

BTW, I'd hate to pay the restocking fee on a Monette...... 10% on $20,000, adds up to a lot more than $200. :wink:
    53' Olds Ambassador

New Friend
    There are several horns I would love to try, but restocking fees sure do add up.

I really don't get why they are so much..usually in the neighborhood of 10% of the price of the horn? Anyone know how much it really costs the dealer to restock a horn?

I would live to try the horn if it was not for the restocking fee to answer the question directly. I like answering questions directly, its not hard maybe some of us should try it instead of just trying to make ripples. you know who I'm talking to
    Bach strad 180s ML 37 melk 525, mk sterling semi round slide
    Curry 60m
    blessing anniversary flugel curry 3fl
    www.AlsMusicShopNY.com
    Al's Music Shop
    Specializing in unique and hard to find instruments.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TrumpetsForSale/

New Friend
    I would love to try a Wild Thing but yes $250 for what amounts to a 5-day lease is a "non-starter" for me. But I understand Flip's reasoning: no "stores" sell them and he's shipping them all over the place with no guarantee of a sale? If you spend $250 just to try it chances are pretty good that you're a serious customer.

I'd love to try one.

New Friend
    >>>I like answering questions directly, its not hard maybe some of us should try it instead of just trying to make ripples. you know who I'm talking to

I really don't know who you're talking to..as for my question about how much it really costs to restock a horn--I was serious (because I don't know exactly what "restocking" entails) and not "trying to make ripples". From the other (in your view) indirect responses I read, it really didn't seem as if anyone was making ripples. I think the Monette comment was just an innocent joke. I found it funny!

I'm always interested in trying out new or different horns so if I thought I had the opportunity to try out a Wild Thing free and clear, I'd probably do it, with the exception of one other problem: I'm just not in the market for a new horn so trying a Wild Thing would probably not be a very good idea for me, because I'd probably want to buy one.
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

Mezzo Forte User
    Hi,

I would love to be in the position to have the chance to pay $200 to try it for 5 days (you guys are spoilt for choice). The problem is like Patrick I'm likely to be very,very tempted and convincing my wife that I NEED a Taylor and a Wild Thing (in gold of course) is going to be some hard sell. :)

Regards

Trevor

Thanks for the commments so far everyone!

OTHER FOLKS . . . I'd like to hear from you too!!!

Actually, Flip and I are thinking about finding new ways to expose more people to at least be able to see what they're missing.

There IS a reason I'm asking this question. I'm just waiting to see the responses before saying any more yet!!!

Anyone else out there interested?

Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information