Trumpet Discussion Discuss I'm back...with sound clips in the General forums; Hey ya'll. I haven't been around lately, our family has been sooooo busy. I will be around though, I've upped ...
    New Friend

I'm back...with sound clips

Hey ya'll. I haven't been around lately, our family has been sooooo busy. I will be around though, I've upped my practice time, which means I'm playing more material, which means I'll have more questions :)

I had an experience in band which involved butchering several solos - it has inspired me to practice more.

Part of the reason our family has been so busy is that we're doing a recording! We started with the solo pieces, my trumpet solo was one of them http://www.wiebefamily.org/Trumpet_fixed.mp3

When it's done it'll have our family acapella and bluegrass music, along with the solos on trumpet, flute, harmonica, piano. Can't wait! I'll let you all know when it is finished, we're hoping to be able to give away copies.

Any comments on the trumpet solo are welcome. I'm planning to rerecord the high C, at the end of the 3 hours recording time, my lips were so dead! (it took us 5 hours to complete the whole thing, from start to finish).

Bonnie

As I said on TH Bonnie - really nice playing!

How old are you again?

vic
    You have an excellent sound, Bonnie! This was a very pleasant start to my morning.
    Keep it up and use your gift. You motivate me to practice more. I guess you are around the ages of my teenagers, but I have trouble finding the practice time I had available at that age. Unfortunately, I did not use that time properly as pertains to trumpeting.

New Friend
    Thanks :) I really appreciate it. It helps me keep going on those days when it seems my playing is a miserable failure - which happens to eveyone at one point or another I think.

I'll be 17 in Oct. I wish I had practiced more when I was younger. I didn't start playing until I was 12, and I wasn't really serious about it until I had the chance to audition for districts two years ago.

Bonnie

Sounding good for 16!

I know what you mean - I started when I was 7, and didn't really take it seriously until last year. I kick myself frequently for that, however I'm practising now.

Thread Information