Trumpet Discussion Discuss I'm gonna be Nick D. in the General forums; ...well, certainly not any time soon. Nick Drozdoff has a lot of great ideas about how to play and how ...
    Pianissimo User
    NW Chicago

I'm gonna be Nick D.

...well, certainly not any time soon. Nick Drozdoff has a lot of great ideas about how to play and how to have fun doing it. One is to be creative and be your own studio. I'm sure most all of us have visited his site(s) or checked out sound files and know how great and creative a player he is. In a small way I'm trying to emulatet some of his ideas. The following link has a few "fun" things I've been doing, including playing bass and addding a drum machine (named Hans) to the repertoire. As the top of the web page says, it's all in good fun. You may have heard some of these before, but "Bad Bass Song No.1" was just done this morning and more will be added as summer rolls along. Check it out!
    Dr. Michael Stewart
    Music Director, Deep Blue Big Band

Chicago northern suburbs

Geez, Mike!

Yeah, Mike!!! You've got more nerve than I do! I love the vocals! Very cool!

Ghidorah Funk reminds of the sound track from Get Shorty. The Happy Birthday is REALLY cool - dig the extreme ending. The Bad Bass Song No.1 sounds like Chase in the 80's - very nice work. Nice grand on the end of that!

See you on the next Grand Stand gig! Also, I hope Vito called you to confirm that other gig. Let me know...

See you around!

New Friend
    Antelope, CA
    Sounds nice. I like how the trumpet solo has light shake to it (a little hard to get in tune though) and something does seem familiar about it. It does sound kinda '80's.

Thread Information