Trumpet Discussion Discuss Inner diameter size of mouthpiece in the General forums; Manny, I have "fleshy" lips and I have not too long ago had surgery to my jaw (bilateral menisectomy). This ...
    New Friend
    Addison, Michigan (near MIS in the Irish Hills)

Inner diameter size of mouthpiece

Manny,

I have "fleshy" lips and I have not too long ago had surgery to my jaw (bilateral menisectomy). This left me with a small underbite. I now feel that even though I am "starting over" with a new set-up my embochure is stronger than before the surgery.

Phyllis Stork suggested that I get a mouthpiece with an inside diameter large enough to fit most of my entire upper lip into. I ended up purchasing a Monette STC1 B1-5. I love the mouthpiece and it is one of the larger mouthpieces in terms of inside diameter. However it still does not cover all of my upper lip. What is your opinion. Any inpur will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks as ever, Victor Kaczmar RN, BSN
    Vic Kaczmar RN, BSN
    Knowledge is Power!
    Superba I by H. Couf (made by Kielwerth of Germany 1971)
    Monette STC1 B1-5
    Schilke 14A4a

Utimate User
    Again, Dean Comley is the best person to ask about mouthpieces. I only play my mouthpieces and wouldn't neccesarily know what kind of options are available to you.

ML

Daddy-O

If your interested in a B1-1 prana for a fair price PM me. I love this mouthpiece and have several and am going to be getting a new "Slap" version. The one I have to sell is in excellent shape with no dents or flaws other then insertion marks. Let me know?

Finish Well,
    Dan
    Eclipse Custom XLR (Beyond beautiful 24k scratch) gold (05 Eclipse Contest Horn)
    Getzen Genesis (Beautiful 24k scratch gold)
    Wiseman Double Case (10% discount code: T624)
    Monette/Harrelson B1-1 prana custom one off.
    Horns/MPC Cryo'ed at Cryo-parts.com

Thread Information