Trumpet Discussion Discuss Interlochen All State in the General forums; i want to to interlochen this summer, but it is 6 weeks long, and it costs a lot, but i ...
    New Friend

Interlochen All State

i want to to interlochen this summer, but it is 6 weeks long, and it costs a lot, but i found out about this thing called all state, it is 2 weeks long and costs much less. has anyone been there? is it any good?

Re: Interlochen All State

All State is a program run through the University of Michigan. It has very little to do with the "real" Interlochen (that created by Joe Maddy). They basically just rent facilities from Interlochen. (I'm not nocking the program, I never had any experience with it, I'm just saying that it has no real connection, other than facilities, with Interlochen)

I went to Interlochen in the summer of 2000 and stayed for the 2000-2001 academic year. I also worked there in summer 2003. Attending the camp and then academy was one of the best decisions of my life. I really can't say enough good things about it. I came away from my time there a much better musician, a harder worker and a much better person. Yes, it is expensive, but they do their best to give out scholarships. I can't recommend it enough.

Thread Information