Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Internet jazz? itunes? in the General forums; Originally Posted by A.N.A. Mendez I like Pandora...At work I lean towards comedy channels some of the time (Steve Martin, ...
    Dayton, Ohio

Re: Internet jazz? itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by A.N.A. Mendez View Post
    I like Pandora...At work I lean towards comedy channels some of the time (Steve Martin, Richard Pryor, et al)
    I work in a downstairs office in an octagonal building made entirely of brick. There is an open floor plan to the second floor by way of a balcony overlooking the first floor. I ALWAYS keep my doors open (I have 3) to my office [I am an open door policy kind of guy] and speakers situated throughout the office. So my sound filters out constantly out into the hall and then through the building. I all the many years I have been listening to Pandora in my office with all doors open, I have received at least a half dozen complaints... as to what happened to the great music and why did you turn it off. So I have essentially become the building's musical DJ, and have NEVER ONCE got a complaint to turn the music down.
    1940 Olds Super Recording
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador
    1967 Olds Recording (Fullerton)
    1973 Getzen 4 Valve Eterna Flugelhorn
    2012 Kanstul 4 Valve 1526 Flugelhorn
    2014 Allora Pocket Trumpet

Pianissimo User RicardoStalwart's Avatar

TuneIN Radio is a magnificent app that has about every radio station across the country for free , its quite mind blowing. I have it on my iPhone ,not sure if they have it for android. They have jazz stations by state & category(Piano Jazz, Bass Jazz, etc.) Get i the app if you can , you won't regret it!!!! Its not only good for jazz though, I listen to Spanish music/African/Indian/Chinese music across the globe as well as domestic American Music, if you can't find something you like on TuneIN Radio, then you will never find anything you like anywhere .

Roy Benson TR-101 Student TRumpet
    Eastern Custom 885DG Model
    The Trumpet is the quintessential paradox of all musical instruments; it has 3 buttons and a relatively simple structure and manages to be the biggest pain to any one who attempts to master it. It would be completely rational to avoid this instrument, but the joy this thing with three valves brings me is beyond ration/explanation.

Mezzo Forte User
    Ft. Worth, TX

Pandora - some combination of Miles/Wynton/Coltrane/Sonny Rollins & Herb Alpert if I'm working out in the garage or doing yard work. Sometimes Wes Montgomery.

Spotify on the iPhone w/ bluetooth speakers around the house.

I'm weird enough that I like actually owning cd's, organizing them by genre and artist in a huge binder, and carrying them around in my car. I keep all the jewel cases, too.

At work I run playlists on my laptop - Windows Media Player, since I'm too cheap to pony up the $3.99/month for commercial-free listening on Pandora.

Sometimes I shuffle everything, and then being in my office can a bit weird, because the genres can clash. Worst incident I recall in recent history was SRV playing Lovestruck Baby, immediately followed by the Hallelujah Chorus. Shot my wheels off for a second as my mind readjusted. It was rather jarring.
    “The minute you get away from fundamentals – whether its proper technique, work ethic or mental preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you’re doing.”

~Michael Jordan

Linn jazz!
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information