Trumpet Discussion Discuss Jeanne Pocius in the General forums; Here is note concerning Jeanne. It seems she is in Haiti and has not been heard from since the devastating ...
    Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar

Jeanne Pocius in Haiti

Here is note concerning Jeanne.

It seems she is in Haiti and has not been heard from since the devastating earthquake.

Let's hope that she is found and found in good health.

My facebook friends seem to think that if she is indeed well, she is helping in efforts to assist the rescue workers.
    Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Jeanne Pocius

There's no confirmation... only hope. Her Brother is still trying to reach her. There was a rumor floating around that she survived yesterday.

Haiti music schools--Earthquake Info Sharing | Facebook

If you're feeling what I'm feeling I think it's time for us to really step our efforts to help. What can we do as a group to help? It sounds like from the Facebook group the school has suffered tremendously. If it's financial, fine. I'm up for anything. When you hear what's happening there your heart falls out. It feels like Katrina all over again. Feel free to email me offlist if you want.

Let's keep our thoughts and prayers headed towards Jeanne and their safety.

Pianissimo User

I just exchanged messages with Jeanne's brother a few minutes ago. He said that the family is still keeping the faith and that I should tell all of her music friends out there how much they appreciate the love, prayers and support.

New Friend

I got slightly involved with a development charity I heard about after some catastrophic flooding in Haiti a while back. It's called the Lambi fund, and the website is: Lambi Fund of Haiti - Home

They're more of a local-scale development charity than immediate catastrophe relief, but I think Haiti will need their efforts all the more after this.

Here is a note from a hurricane scientist at Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground who has helped them:

For the past five years, I've been a contributor and booster of the Lambi Fund of Haiti, a charity that is very active in promoting reforestation efforts, use of alternative fuels, and infrastructure improvements at a grass-roots level in Haiti. I've developed a great respect for the work they do in the country, and have gotten to know Karen Ashmore, the executive director of the charity, and have written articles for their newsletter. Karen wrote me last night with this plea for help: "Most buildings in Port-Au-Prince have been damaged or have collapsed, which would include homes of staff and families we work with, as well as the grain mills, sugar cane mills, and sites for community economic development. And cisterns and latrines we have supported for safe drinking water and sanitation. Major rebuilding effort needed. Please post on your blog".

Pianissimo User

My prayers and hopes still abound. And I don't want to sound negative, but I read some very discouraging info about Jacmel today on TPIN, that was quoted from news sources. My point is we need to pray harder if possible and keep the faith and ask more to pray.

Peace.
    '74 Silver Bach 180 37 Bell
    '58 Conn Director Coprion
    Dillon Rose Brass Bell Flugelhorn

"There are no wrong notes. Just poor choices." Miles Davis

Good news out of all the devastation: Jeanne Pocius is alive... let's continue to pray for her safety. God Bless you, Jeannie!

Thank God!

I know I plan to help out the school when she reports back on how to help.
    Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

Thread Information