Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Kanstul Repair Service in the General forums; Originally Posted by gmonady Reading the response with Kanstul input is so inspiring. I think it says a lot about ...

Re: Kanstul Repair Service

Quote Originally Posted by gmonady View Post
    Reading the response with Kanstul input is so inspiring. I think it says a lot about a organization that follows their customers, and right here, all of us crazys on TM!!

By the way, how is my brand spanking new Kanstul 1526 coming along? I purchased it through Bruce Haag in Cincinnati, and he said it would be 3 weeks... its now 4 weeks! I am going through flugelhorn withdrawal... not a pretty sight!
    maybe I should go down there and nudge them .. :)
    !
    If you can sound Taps please take a few minutes and check out this site.
    Bugles Across America > Home

Quote Originally Posted by coolerdave View Post
    maybe I should go down there and nudge them .. :)
    I am hoping my above post will do that... however, if it's not going too out of your way, you have my permission to nudge gently. Don't want you brushing the person from Kanstul up against the horn. I hear that copper bell dents easily!
    1940 Olds Super Recording
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador
    1967 Olds Recording (Fullerton)
    1973 Getzen 4 Valve Eterna Flugelhorn
    2012 Kanstul 4 Valve 1526 Flugelhorn
    2014 Allora Pocket Trumpet

I am hoping my above post will do that... however, if it's not going too out of your way, you have my permission to nudge gently. Don't want you brushing the person from Kanstul up against the horn. I hear that copper bell dents easily!
    you didn't play your "Best in Dayton" card with them ...
    !
    If you can sound Taps please take a few minutes and check out this site.
    Bugles Across America > Home

Quote Originally Posted by coolerdave View Post
    you didn't play your "Best in Dayton" card with them ...
    I received a call from the retailer from who I purchased the horn, and he said Charles emailed to let him know the horn was being buffed on Friday and will be shipped out tomorrow. I should have a new 1526 flugelhorn by the end of this week!
    patkins likes this.
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador

Reading the response with Kanstul input is so inspiring. I think it says a lot about a organization that follows their customers, and right here, all of us crazys on TM!!

By the way, how is my brand spanking new Kanstul 1526 coming along? I purchased it through Bruce Haag in Cincinnati, and he said it would be 3 weeks... its now 4 weeks! I am going through flugelhorn withdrawal... not a pretty sight!
    I saw it in the buffing room last week, but it should be about done by now. I did quote Bruce "about three to four weeks", and we've been getting ready for Musikmesse and building a set of tubas for a Mike Roylance masterclass at UTSA. I'd say we're right on schedule (and about eleven months ahead of schedule of any other company building custom horns!)

All the best!
    Charles G. Hargett
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Kanstul Musical Instruments, Inc.

"Like" us on Facebook, won't you?

For product information, please contact the sales dept. at (888) KANSTUL, or refer to the Kanstul website, www.kanstul.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kanstulbrass View Post
    I saw it in the buffing room last week, but it should be about done by now. I did quote Bruce "about three to four weeks", and we've been getting ready for Musikmesse and building a set of tubas for a Mike Roylance masterclass at UTSA. I'd say we're right on schedule (and about eleven months ahead of schedule of any other company building custom horns!)

All the best!
    You guys ARE the best. I started with Zig's company with my first horn (Olds Ambassador), my second horn (Olds Recording) and this... the last horn I will ever buy from his own company! Going in and out with Zig. My trumpet playing life has come full circle.

PS: After I decided on this horn, only then did if find out Claudio Roditi plays the 3 valve version... He did teach me well (he was my trumpet teacher for 18 months when I lived in NYC in the early 80's)... I here I am still following his lead...
    1946 Martin Committee
    1953 Olds Recording (LA)
    1965 Olds Ambassador

Mr. Kanstul's reputation, his age (he's seen it all) and his ties to Olds were the reasons I recently sent my Vega "Power Model" out to him for a restoration. Unfortunately, after taking the numerous dents out of the bell, they discovered a crack near the bell bead. I didn't want a patch so Zig's now sending it out to Dillon to see if they can braze it. I feel like a person pacing outside an operating room. This is driving me crazy.

-Blair
    Last edited by Vega Power; 03-18-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    '81 Schilke C5, '76 Getzen Eterna flugelhorn, '68 Courtois-Holton T-303 "Continental Silver One", '68 Reynolds Argenta cornet, '59 Getzen Custom-Model 90PB "Power-Bore", '56 Olds Mendez, '51 Reynolds "Professional Model", pre-war Besson Brevete, post-war Besson Meha, Besson 10-10 model 50 cornet, Selmer Paris K-Modified LB cornet

Forte User

Your only crazy if you say your normal. Trumpets are our babies, that we have custody over. It will all work out. "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

Thanks, patkins... and I did sell a few of my horns to a good home this past week, to follow up on the other thread.
    '81 Schilke C5, '76 Getzen Eterna flugelhorn, '68 Courtois-Holton T-303 "Continental Silver One", '68 Reynolds Argenta cornet, '59 Getzen Custom-Model 90PB "Power-Bore", '56 Olds Mendez, '51 Reynolds "Professional Model", pre-war Besson Brevete, post-war Besson Meha, Besson 10-10 model 50 cornet, Selmer Paris K-Modified LB cornet

Mezzo Forte User Trumpet Dreamer's Avatar

Just got the horn back (second time) from Kanstul. The valve issue is fixed, and will improve even further as the horn gets more playing time.

Cannot overstate the quality of the service from the people at Kanstul Musical Instruments. I dealt with Charles and he is a real gentleman. And a big thank you to Mr. Zig Kanstul for his input on this!

I knew this saga would have a happy ending!
    TrumpetMD likes this.
    Getzen "Mike Vax" 3001MV Trumpet
    Kanstul - Besson International Trumpet
    Yamaha YTR-2335S Totally "Pimped" (Oh, Yes!)
    Custom CarolBrass CTR-5204L-RLM
    Carol Brass Pocket Trumpet
    Jupiter JFH-846RS Flugelhorn

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information