I don't know if anybody on here has either had Mr. Baca as a trumpet professor or is familiar with him, but I had a chance to hear his insights as he came in as a guest to my school and played in our concert on a couple songs. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Mr. Baca is trumpet professor and director of jazz studies at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, one of the premier programs in the nation. His trumpet philosophy is really interesting; as a student of Bill Adam, he preaches a daily routine (that consists of about an hour of long tones, schlosberg, and clarke studies) each day at the start of the day. He also is big on practicing with other people and stresses that in a non-competitive setting, both people will benefit. For example, if a great orchestral player that wants to improve range practices with a lead player with a bad tone, both people get better and both are held accountable by the other. Let me know if you want me to expand on anything he teaches, I would be happy to do so.