Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Looking for Transcribed Trumpet Parts in the General forums; Maybe I'm clueless but how does the above Minus One work? I clicked on Feelings, then Trumpet RAR (bottom right) ...
    New Friend

Re: Looking for Transcribed Trumpet Parts

Maybe I'm clueless but how does the above Minus One work? I clicked on Feelings, then Trumpet RAR (bottom right) and up pops a page for a password which of course I don't have. Then it wants a country. Unfortunately I don't live in a country (USA) as it's not listed. Sooooo, where do I go from here?

New Friend

I am a trumpet player/arranger in New York City. I have many arrangements of Chicago tunes on my website: Trumpet player, music composer, music arranger, music copyist, music teacher. I can could sell you just the trumpet parts for $7 each if you are interested.

Also, if you are looking for a teacher, I teach lessons on skype. Information is also on my website.

Jon Menges

Utimate User
    Jackson NC

Do I have to "spill the milk" and tell you that possession any unlicensed copy of a copyrighted musical work can be seized and prosecuted by law enforcement for criminal conduct about to the extent of a fake Rolex watch and more likely moreso when additionally one may have a civil law complaint filed in Court seeking restitutional damages. Once such occurs, one can say goodbye to a musical career and most other careers. Just generally, only songs created earlier than 1932 (in the U.S.) are in the Public Domain.

Transcription by ear, still may be deemed an unlicensed copy, and a criminal violation of Copyright law. Even the purchase of copyright licensed printed music does not include the license to perform it publically, whether for profit or not.

Pianissimo User

There is software out there that can scan a .pdf and turn it into MIDI. With some of the soft synths out there, one would be hard pressed to differentiate.
    The difference between youth and old age is that, in youth one struggles to play the right notes while, as an adult, one works to play the notes right.

Ed, you are correct. However, like many other laws on the books, it is basically unenforceable. Unless it is a big time operation taking money from the performer, composer, or publisher authorities leave it alone. There is neither time, personnel, or funding to chase truly little things down.
    There is an incredibly huge problem with copyright infringement with DVDs, CDs, and other media coming out of China. Those are the issues that are in the cross hairs of the enforcement people.
    mctrumpet98 likes this.

Not sure if anyone knows, but with Sibelius software, you can let the program write it out for you. As in: you scan in your score, tell Sibelius the instruments, and it'll digitalize the entire thing so that you can alter it, remove parts and so on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information