Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss MAN!!!! Do we have it good!! in the General forums; I was just sitting here reading through the questions and answers for the last few days. Man do we have ...
    Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar
    Metro Detroit

MAN!!!! Do we have it good!!

I was just sitting here reading through the questions and answers for the last few days.

Man do we have it good!

Where else can you go on line or on the phone or in person...ask a question and be given a thoughtful answer from one of the top people in the field?

It is truly priceless!!

Wilmer Wise,
    Manny Laureano,
    Ed Carroll,
    Tony Kadleck

These guys take the time to think about your question and give you the best answer they know.

There are also many more professional players not on the staff here who also are concerned enough to chime in with their answers.

Then there are the teachers here who also give their teaching experiences to us just because they care.

The people we have been fortunate enough to meet are, not surprisingly, the same in person as they are on line.

Thanks TrumpetMaster for all of this!

Chuck Willard
    Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Artist in Residence
    Mezzo Forte User

new york

Re: MAN!!!! Do we have it good!!

Chuck -

I couldn't agree more. I've really learned a lot in my short time at TM. I too, would like to thank all of those who contribute: amateurs, educators, students & pros alike. We are all students of the trumpet (and of music, of course). There is much to learn and TM is an amazing resource!

Administrator Forte User administrator's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: MAN!!!! Do we have it good!!

Thank you TM Artists in Residence!

Review TM site rules here

Post your Favorite Trumpet Link here

Pianissimo User Young Trumpeter's Avatar

I have to have my say in this lol. as a student (preparing to possibly major in music in college) this site has helped a lot. Asking a question and getting a handful of different answers from different players and teachers gives me a lot of different perspectives to think about and a lot of new ideas to try, many of which i like and stick with. and by reading a lot of the threads my knowledge of equipment and bands and such has increased greatly. so thank you to everyone who helps out the little guy like me!

My life has truly been enriched by the Trumpet Master community. Thank you.

Utimate User

Well, thanks, Chuck et al... my life has changed as a result of being here and I'm happier because of the many friends I've made here.

Thanks for making TM part of your lives, as well.

Casper, WY

Ditto what Chuck said! Reading, posting, and pondering many of your comments makes me feel more a part of the big musical world from my little part of it in Wyoming.

Richard Oliver

Forte User
    Northern New York

Funny you should post that now, Chuck. I had a small incident at school yesterday. I went to check the goings on between lessons, and found that the site had been filtered. TM...filtered. Imagine my ummm...shall we say displeasure. I contacted my computer person immediately via a very convincing e-mail. (He then had it opened up).

This has become a cornerstone of my teaching methods. The advice, stories, thoughts of all of the pros and other teachers have made a trememdous impact on me both as a player and teacher. If I can't figure it out for a student, I come here first. I come here as a break during the day, as do most of you. Where else can we get together and share a virtual lunch or breakfast with the very best artists, discuss oddly trivial things or things that are seriously related to what we do with people that truly understand them? It's kind of a staff-room/conservatory/locker-room.
    "Roses have thorns; shining waters mud. Clouds and eclipses stain the moon and the sun; and history reeks of the wrongs we have done. After today, after today, consider me gone."- Sting

Metro Detroit

Man do I second your Motion Chuck!

TM is responsibile for so many good things in my life that otherwise would not have happend.

To those that run the site; Thank you so much.

To those who contribute; Thank you as well.

Glenn; your students are so blessed to have a director such as yourself who is broad enough in his/her approach to teaching to seek out and use such a source for a "corner stone."

It is indeed a great place; with great people.

2008 Eclipse MHY Bb Trumpet in Silver Plate with interchangable leadpipes
    Getzen Capri Bb Cornet
    Bach, GR & Monette mouthpieces

Rochester, MN

TM is the best, hands down!
    Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information