Trumpet Discussion Discuss Maryland Trumpet Day flier and schedule in the General forums; Attention Trumpet Players!!!! Maryland Trumpet Day November 5, 2006 11am- 4pm Bel Air High School You are invited to: Test ...
    Mezzo Piano User

Maryland Trumpet Day flier and schedule

Attention Trumpet Players!!!!

Maryland Trumpet Day
    November 5, 2006
    11am- 4pm
    Bel Air High School

You are invited to:
    Test new trumpets and mouthpieces.
    Mingle with other trumpet players in the area.
    Discuss trumpet related issues with professionals.

Honored Guests:
    New York Trumpet Company – Custom Trumpets
    Stu’s Music Shoppe
    Music and Arts Centers
    A.K. Brass Press

Clinics by:
    Mr. John Blount – Former Lead Trumpet with the US Navy Commodores and freelance professional in the Washington/Baltimore Area
    Dr. Scott Nelson, Professor of Trumpet Shenandoah University located in Winchester, Va.
    Dr. Luis Engelke – Professor of Trumpet Towson University, Yamaha Performing Artist and Baltimore Area Professional.

The event is free to the public. Please encourage any trumpeter you know to attend.

Schedule of events for Nov. 5, 2006 Maryland Trumpet Day:

11:00am – Exhibits open
    12:00noon – Master class #1 – Luis Engelke “Solo and Ensemble Preparation”
    1:00pm – Master class #2 – Scott Nelson “Breathing Mechanics and Trumpet”
    2:00pm – Master class #3 – John Blount “Practice Routines for the Performing Pro”
    3:00pm – Exhibits
    4:00pm – Event Closes, Closing remarks

While the 45-minute master classes are of the presenter’s expertise, I am sure they will branch out for any questions from the attendees. Also, the first and last hour will not have master classes, even if you attend them all you will still have time for the exhibits.

This year will not have concessions, however there are many places near by to eat.

Directions to Bel Air High School

I-95 to exit 77B (Towards Bel Air)
    Follow Rt#24 north to first light
    Turn right onto Rt 924 (Emmorton Road).
    Follow Emmorton road (Rt#924) to Idlewild street. (Pay attention, only a small street sign)Turn left.
    Go to school complex. Bel Air Middle School will be in front of you.
    Turn right through the parking lot towards the High School.
    The Music Area is in the back of the school near the stadium. Park in the lot before the stadium gate and walk back to the door.
    Signs will be posted.

I hope to see many of you in attendance. I also hope this event will grow over the next few years. Please make sure you introduce yourself at the event and sign up on the contact list I will provide. I will have nametags available on site if you wish to wear them. My students will be helping with the event, if you need anything just ask them and they will find me. Thanks again and I hope you have a great time.

Tony Domenico
    (AKA Miles71)

Thread Information