Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Miles Davis' Neck in the General forums; Some do puff out quite a bit, some don't very much. There are lots of folks who say that it ...
    New Friend

Re: Miles Davis' Neck

Some do puff out quite a bit, some don't very much. There are lots of folks who say that it has to happen or you're not really blowing. Check out pix of my friend, Steve Crum, an awesome jazz player in L.A. Nice neck!

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis View Post
    Rowuk always comes well armed.You can not argue with someone who always has the facts
    well, you can argue... but then youd look like a troll! hahahahahaha
    super collegiate tri-tone (raw brass)

Hey guys. I am always game for a discussion. In fact we have generations of trumpet players passing the information that they got from other trumpet players. Many times the "advice" visualized a problem and therefore even worked. Who can challenge that? Well, a doctor could, but anatomy and trumpet just don't cross often enough.

The correct way to "challenge" my posts is to engage me in a conversation, not try and beat your way through with an axe and no info. I am not doing this for money, or power or anything stupid. I am just trying to give back what has been freely given to me in well over 40 years of playing. NO B.S. I know that many do not read or research what has been said here. They come with the same B.S. myths that many before them have. I hope that the truth helps and isn't grounds to leave because the info "challenges" their basic beliefs.

Please do not pile on. I can take the heat and if Hoghead just takes a minute to think about what has been posted, we will have more common ground, pompous ass or not. As far as emulating drivel, I do prefer the original.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Pianissimo User

Actually HAVING the condition, I can tell you that rowuk is right on everything he's said in this thread. Proper playing technique, as well as switching horns minimized its effects for me. Now the only place I have it is during testing valve alignment or playing my 90A, because it needs a major chem clean (bought it that way, been sick/occupied.) Technique will only minimize it, but it will do so. Some of us just have weaker muscle walls around the vocal cords and when we set the wave in motion in our instruments, the air we use presses that area, causing the neck to puff out.

Arguments to this can be directed to me. I'll gladly take all issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information