Trumpet Discussion Discuss Mouthpiece help please! in the General forums; Ok, I was that 1st chair cocky prick of a trumpet player most of you reading this probably were or ...
    New Friend

Mouthpiece help please!

Ok, I was that 1st chair cocky prick of a trumpet player most of you reading this probably were or are right now. I quit right after high school because studying to get into med school became my new obsession. Here i am 5 years later wanting to start again and my lips.. SUCK (not literally). I need to build up my muscles again but which mouthpiece should i use (i prefer bach brand so if you describe a size please use their system). I would like to be able to increase my range again as high as possible without getting a shallower cup than a 7C and also I would like a darker richer and more full tone. What mouthpieces should I use for practicing to increase range and tone quality to this degree and which should I use for playing pieces? I'd appreciate any help or advice.

Forte User

Re: Mouthpiece help please!

I think one of the best all around mouthpieces out there would be a Bach 3C. What is wrong with the 7C? That is a very typical mouthpiece for a student / come back player to be using. That is not to say pros don't use a 7C. It just so happens alot of people start on that model as well.

Anyway my advice if you are looking for something different would be to go with a Bach 3C.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyi
    Ok, I was that 1st chair cocky prick of a trumpet player most of you reading this probably were or are right now. I quit right after high school because studying to get into med school became my new obsession. Here i am 5 years later wanting to start again and my lips.. SUCK (not literally). I need to build up my muscles again but which mouthpiece should i use (i prefer bach brand so if you describe a size please use their system). I would like to be able to increase my range again as high as possible without getting a shallower cup than a 7C and also I would like a darker richer and more full tone. What mouthpieces should I use for practicing to increase range and tone quality to this degree and which should I use for playing pieces? I'd appreciate any help or advice.

3c's the way to be
    Bach strad 180s ML 37 melk 525, mk sterling semi round slide
    Curry 60m
    blessing anniversary flugel curry 3fl
    www.AlsMusicShopNY.com
    Al's Music Shop
    Specializing in unique and hard to find instruments.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TrumpetsForSale/

Piano User
    I have played a number of mouthpieces and have found nothing better than a Bach 3C for just about any purpose you have in mind.

There are players who may suggest something much more expensive, or more "esoteric" so to speak, but I agree that the 3C is about as good as it gets - for me, at least...

New Friend
    Ok, I'll try the 3C. Thanks for the advice!
    Chris

Thread Information