Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Mouthpiece intensifiers, is this a "gimmicky" kind in the General forums; Hi there, Kanstul usually send out there horns with a fairly middle of the road mp which will probably be ...
    Mezzo Forte User
    Hi there,

Kanstul usually send out there horns with a fairly middle of the road mp which will probably be OK until you're up and running. My Chicago came with a CG3 and the best double gig bag you've ever seen. Good luck.

Regards

Trevor

PS It may be worth asking Priscilla what she is sending.

Hi Spawn,
    From my experience with them I will say that mp intensifiers definitely DO make a difference and it's not necessarily a good one. My last teacher is still a BIG believer in these things, but even he will tell you that it took a lot of experimentation to get the combination he was looking for. He finally had a jewler make several of his own design and they work great for his horn/mp(Bach Strad & Bach 1 1/2C, 3C both pieces bored out to a #24 throat) and playing style. I tried the same combination and although it worked a lot better than the standard Bach MP I eventually settled on a GR mouthpiece from Bruce Lee and haven't looked back since then; the difference in a properly designed mp such as GR is amazing! Anyway, I'm echoing other statements when I say that you should definitely talk to Mr. Lee; he's not only knowledgeable, he's got integrity that is admirable and second to none.

Have a Great Day!
    Dan
    Why are we so obsessed with bore size? Are we trying to compensate for something?

Pianissimo User
    The Chicago 1001 normally comes with a CG3 (Claude Gordon). However, Priscilla is also going to let me try a CG7.

Thanks for the info/advice. I need to start playing and try both of these mouthpieces first. Then, after awhile, I will be in a better position to discuss with Mr. Lee what I need.

Thanks again.

Fortissimo User
    Good move, Spawn. No point in getting involved in a mouthpiece safari before you know whether or not you NEED a desk drawer full of brass bits! Give it a year or two.

Pianissimo User
    I have a tendency of thinking too far in advance.

I spoke with Priscilla today and got some slide grease and valve oil (Zaja). I don't even have the horns yet!

I also got some trumpet books off EBAY, so I could go over the basics and plan out my practice time.

Like I said, forward thinking. :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information