Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Moving A Trumpet Company in the General forums; Hi Dave Yeah i have been told it is a minefield these days Im just at the very early stages ...
    Hi Dave

Yeah i have been told it is a minefield these days

Im just at the very early stages of looking into it, so ill get as much info as i can and sift through it all.

So you done it the other way around ha! guess you were tired of the sunshine felt that need for rain.

Thanks for the info

Regards

Leigh
    Eclipse Trumpets

Eclipsetrumpets.com

Mezzo Forte User
    Leigh,

Come to Dubai. No income tax, sunshine 364 days a year but alas few trumpet players. 2 out of 3s not bad!!

Regards,

Trevor

PS. What about somewhere like Mexico?

Piano User
    I don't remember ever saying that South=bad. In fact, I know for a fact that I never did. However, the South's public education leaves much to be desired. An uneducated poor person usually resorts to crime. Lots of people like this= lots of crime. Am I saying that everyone is like that? Absolutely not.
    And for the record, it was not "one incident." My point is that it happens so often that it happened to the same person twice, in two different neighborhoods.
    Crime is everywhere. I never said that the North doesn't have crime, nor did I say that it has less crime than the South. Southern hospitality rivals that of any European. Hospitality and manners are really lacking in the North, but when it comes down to it, I feel safe enough in NYC to walk alone in the dark. I couldn't say that about, for example, Jackson.

Piano User
    San Antonio, Texas. We have a booming economy, with a butt-load of musicians running around. Texas is a great place. When they mention southern hospitality, they are talking about Texas. Just keep in mind that contrary to popular belief, we are not a bunch of un-educated hicks in the south. Yes, we have our "colorful" crowd, but we try to forget about Oklahoma
    Jonathan Wright

Pianissimo User
    Hey Leigh if you want to move to another country come down to Wales ......more rain here than you will be able to contend with!! Seriously though if you are thinking of doing it go for it mate. You are young enough to make a fortune...I'm sure Taylor/Wedgwood/Smith-Watkins etc would sponsor you When I visited Oklahoma/Texas/Kansas/Colorado I found the people so very courteous and believe it or not I didn't hear a word of foul language all the time I was there. The only disrespect I found was at O'Hare airport going through immigration......those guys/bitches need a lesson in manners!! For me I would go for Estes Park in Colorado. Good luck in whatever you choose. :wink:
    Alan

Fortissimo User
    Only problem with Estes Park is... they have this siren and when you hear it go off you'd better start climbing for higher ground! :) Seriously, it's a very scenic place with more fresh air than human lungs were designed to handle. Downside is... it's got altitude... maybe too much for some low landers to give a proper trial on a trumpet!

I think if I were looking to move a trumpet shop to Colorado I'd be giving Fort Collins a real hard look; but since I'm not........ :)

Leigh,

It would be great to have you over here!

Where to live depends on what is important to your lifestyle, obviously.

There is a book that's been around a while called "Places Rated Almanac"
    that is a good one for helping you sort out which cities, counties and states fit your lifestyle:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Good luck!

Greg.

PS - If you're raising a family, then Rochester, Minnesota is certainly worth considering as it has been named the best place to live in America several times by Money Magazine - excellent schools, medical care, low crime, reasonable housing costs, easy driving....but of course, I am biased. :)

http://www.rochestermn.com/cityguide/overview.asp
    Stop acting like someone shot your dog.

Calvert County! We're rural, so we don't have much crime. You can live in a beach community so you're right near the water and walk to the beach every day. House prices tend to be pretty decent (And NOT outrageous like they can be in the city...) AND we're only about an hour and a half drive from the nation's capital.
    ~Annie

*I may not be great yet, but I'm working hard on it and one day I'm gonna be there.*

Sorry, forgot to mention the state - Calvert County, MARYLAND...And we've got great school system! (What can I say, it's the biggest business in town...) And, we lack for any good music stores at all! Cost of living is low, and we're just starting to build up (OMG, a mall is coming to Calvert county...) We're not that rural though - we do have a movie theater, a place to go bowling, a place to go skating...If you want I can hook you up with some pictures of just about anything in Calvert County - houses, the marine museum - you should see the new high school they're building! I swear, it looks like a mini college or something. It's not a horrible drive to Baltimore or Washington - Washington, about an hour and half drive to each.

And best of all, no competition! And, you have the world's largest supplier of horns, Chuck Levin's Washington Music, only about maybe an hour and fifteen minutes away.
    ~Annie

*I may not be great yet, but I'm working hard on it and one day I'm gonna be there.*

Forte User
    Quote Originally Posted by trpguyy
    I don't remember ever saying that South=bad. In fact, I know for a fact that I never did. However, the South's public education leaves much to be desired

Again, you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information