Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Moving A Trumpet Company in the General forums; Anyone's head spinning yet? Mine sure is...BTW, Maryland has strict rules that everyone needs to fulfill to graduate - it ...
    Anyone's head spinning yet? Mine sure is...BTW, Maryland has strict rules that everyone needs to fulfill to graduate - it includes tests, GPA, and a volunteer requirement.
    ~Annie

*I may not be great yet, but I'm working hard on it and one day I'm gonna be there.*

Isn't it amazing how fast a perfectly benign thread can get wildly off topic? You're right Annie, my head's spinning too. (but that could just be all the booze!)

Mezzo Piano User
    This thread hasn't gone off topic. The man is considering uprooting and relocating so all of these issues are very important to he and his family.

There may be more state-to-state consistency in the USA than country-to-country consistency in Europe, but there are still major differences. It's not as homogenous as it might look to an outsider.

Dave
    Schilke '60 B1
    Selmer Paris -- '57 #20 K-Modified/
    '03 Concept TT w/ GR66.8B2.8
    '94 Lawler TL cornet w/ Sparx 2B
    Conn Vintage One flugel - GR66FD
    www.pitpops.com www.ucm-inc.com
    Rocky Mountain Trumpet Fest

Oh Dear

If i had any idea it would turn into this then i would never have posted!
    I only asked for some suggestions of lovely places!

I do not remember saying "could you give me some suggestion of great places to live and at the same time rip someone elses town or city to shreds please"

I am very sure that there are just as many amazing places and people in the South as there are in the North!

This is infantile.

Regards

Leigh
    Eclipse Trumpets

Eclipsetrumpets.com

Well said.

I dont think this needs to end up in the cage!

It was very interesting when people were telling about all of the wonderful places, please can we simply continue as was?

As a person who has only been to the US once it is fantastic to hear about many different areas of that huge country you all have there.

Regards

Leigh
    Eclipse Trumpets

Eclipsetrumpets.com

gus
    Pianissimo User
    One suggestion to your move.

Check the ambiental regulations.
    I know that in some states or cities you can't deal with metal or hazardous
    material. I was informed that some good repair mans can not plate in their facilities due to ambiental restrictions.

Go to a place where many pros can go easily. Nothing like the imitation
    to promote products. The inferior trumpeters (like me) imitate the big guys.

Regards.

Gus

Oh, I forgot to mention weather - as I know that was something you were thinking about. It rains when there are clouds in the sky. Some days are beautiful though! It is pretty dependent on the season here in Southern Maryland as to when we get rain and such, it can get rainy in the spring, but it's nothing like the UK. When my Mom visited several years back when I was little, she was grateful to come home to a place with more variable weather. We get a little bit of everything here.

If you don't want a rainy place, whatever you do, don't move to Western Maryland, specifically Frostburg, MD! I go to college there, and it's horribly windy and rainy at least half of the week!

Any places on the east coast that you were wondering were like? I've been as north as New Hampshire and as south as Florida. Unfortunately, I haven't gone much in the directions of East or West.
    ~Annie

*I may not be great yet, but I'm working hard on it and one day I'm gonna be there.*

You may also want to consider the Portland area. Sure it does rain there, but think about it. If someone wanted to go try some elite trumpets they could go to Portland and try Eclipse, Monette, and Marcinkiewicz. That would be awesome.

Who knows maybe you could even pull Wynton away from Monette!! ;)
    ---Brian P. Vessey---
    Horn: Calichhio 1s7 Ultra; Large Bore
    Mouthpiece: Out on Safari

Pianissimo User
    Leigh -

I think Montana is the place you want to be. And you want to change the name of the company to Bull Instrument Manufacturey. Then people can exclaim, "In Montana, we grab the horns by the Bull!"

- Paul Artola
    Ellicott City, Maryland

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information