Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Moving A Trumpet Company in the General forums; Just out of interest!! If you had a trumpet repair and manufacturing company located in Europe and you were thinking ...

Moving A Trumpet Company

Just out of interest!!

If you had a trumpet repair and manufacturing company located in Europe and you were thinking seriously of re-locating it to the States, where would you move it all to?

Bear in mind:

You didnt really want terrible rainy weather like you have in your own country
    Close enough to a major city (for customer purposes)

Nice area to live that isnt over the top on house and workshop prices

Lots of trumpet players wouldnt hurt of course!

Within 4 or 5 hours drive of the sea or nice big lakes could be good too

Any ideas????

Regards

Leigh
    Eclipse Trumpets

Eclipsetrumpets.com

Piano User
    New York City, or its surroundings. There is a serious shortage of music stores in NY, let alone a trumpet workshop. The East Coast, in fact, is pretty barren of instrument makers. Monette used to be in Boston, and that's all that comes to mind.
    There is an endless amount of players, you're an hour awat from the Jersey Shore, and I bet Dillon's would love you that close by. I admit, I'm a little biased because I would love nothing more than to have you guys no more than 3 hours away from me. I could also suggest L.A., but I've never actually been to the West Coast.

Just imagine...."Eclipse- the preffered trumpet of Broadway musicians." 8)

OK. I have the location for you. Louisville, KY. It's a great place to live. It's on the beautiful Ohio River. It's just a few hours away from the Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. It has one of the finest music schools in the nation. It has the Kentucky Derby and all the festivities that go with it. Louisville is close to Lexington, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Nashville.

And Trumpet players? Yes. We have good ones, great ones, cool ones, big ones and not so big ones. I'm one of them.

Let me know if you want to come and vist. I'll put you in contact with people in the know.
    Dale Schmidt, P.E.
    Bridges to build and Rivers crossed...

Yakima Washington

It is nice in the summer. Very close to Mountains and Lakes. Not a huge city, but has reasonable pricing. I would have suggested Seattle or Portland, but you mentioned the rain thing. Yakima has around 300 days of sunshine per year. There are several universities within driving distance. And it's close to where I'm from!! :)

As a side note Manhasset music stands are made in the Yakima area.

Here is a link to a website about Yakima:
    http://www.ci.yakima.wa.us/
    ---Brian P. Vessey---
    Horn: Calichhio 1s7 Ultra; Large Bore
    Mouthpiece: Out on Safari

Piano User
    I'd have to second New York. Lots of people, lots of trumpet players, close to the water. Also, you get all kinds of weather. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and everything in between.

Or Toronto, whatever.

New Friend
    The Eastern US barren of manufacturers or music stores.....are you for REAL! I have a great location for you.....it's dry....good climate, great people, centrally located. Lubbock, TX. It would be great to have a manufacturer in this part of the world! If anywhere is barren of GOOD music stores etc, it would be here.
    Josh

Jupiter XO 1602S-R
    '65 Bach Strad 37*

Mouthpieces - Giddings and Webster David Hickman Signature
    Bob Reeves 42S

Piano User
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama

In 2001, Tuscaloosa was named the country's only All-American City. There is low crime and a small town feel, yet you have all that you need in town (shopping, eating, medical care). Tuscaloosa is also home to the University of Alabama and is within driving distance of University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, Southern Miss. Univ., UAB, Samford Univ., Jacksonville State. Univ, Auburn and Troy State Universities. Also, Tuscaloosa is approximately 3 hours from Atlanta and a day's drive from the Gulf of Mexico and Warburton & Lawler in Florida. As you see, there is a wide area for local sales.

Alabama is quickly becoming an automobile manufacturing center, with the Mercedes-Benz plant that manufactures the M-Class within 15 minutes of town, and Honda and Hyundai plants in Northern Alabama. Blackburn Trumpets are located slightly north of Alabama in Tennessee.

The winters are mild and the summers are warm and humid, but with the Black Warrior River and Lake Tuscaloosa in town, there is plenty to do to keep cool. Mean annual temp - 63.4° F Lowest mean temp. (Jan.) - 46.9°F Highest mean temp. (Jul.) - 81.7 ° F

The dual cities of Tuscaloosa/Northport have a combined population of slightly less than 100,000. As I said earlier, you are very close to several large cities, all of which have international airports:
    Birmingham, AL 58 Miles
    Atlanta, GA 198 Miles
    Memphis, TN 197 Miles
    New Orleans, LA 294 Miles

If you're looking for a great place to raise a family, give Tuscaloosa a shot.

Check out these links:
    http://www.ci.tuscaloosa.al.us/
    http://www.tuscaloosachamber.com
    http://www.tcvb.org/
    --Matt--

It's gotta be San Diego. 365 days of sun, right on the ocean and two bays. Yea - I know housing costs are through the roof but just think - you are right on the Mexican border. Think of those thousands of Mexican mariachi trumpet players just dyin for a new trumpet

Seth Moore
    "To crush your enemies, have them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women" - Conan

Pianissimo User
    Try the midwest. I personally think Iowa's education program is pretty great. There are a few cities that are near the mighty Mississippi like Dubuque, Davenport, Clinton, and Bellevue. And the Cedar River is in Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and Charles City. The Iowa River is Iowa City and Coralville. I am not sure about Des Moines however...

Hi Guy's

I have to say that they all sound enticing so far!

Oh and does anyone have any spare Green Cards??? will pay well or we can do some kind of deal for horns? remember we do a great flugel now too so maybe a C trumpet a flugel and a Bb

I did actually look at a government site the other night out of interest to see what were the basic requirements and to be honest it seems pretty difficult unless you are a top brain surgeon or a Teacher.

Or you have to have 6 billion dollars in loose change

It may be a lot simpler than i have been led to believe, but i guess it would take a couple of years to sort out anyway.

Regards

Leigh

Keep those suggestions coming, its very interesting to hear about these lovely places all over the States.
    Eclipse Trumpets

Eclipsetrumpets.com

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information