Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss My baby is BACK!! in the General forums; It's BACK! My Omega is finally back! OH how good it felt to play that thing again! Just thought I'd ...
    Mezzo Forte User bigaggietrumpet's Avatar

My baby is BACK!!

It's BACK! My Omega is finally back! OH how good it felt to play that thing again! Just thought I'd share my elation with everyone.
    Michael
    Michael Smith
    Hullabaloo: The official band of Texas A&M Basketball
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

I know how you feel. My no. 1 horn was in the shop a few weeks ago. It was only there for a few days, but when they called and said it was ready I had to fight the very real urge to take off work early and go practice!
    Dick Taylor
    Georgia
    Comeback Player
    Benge 65B

Well, to update the situation, I can't really play it right now. The genius who worked on the finish got polishing compound or something in the valves, so now I gotta flush it out. No big deal, just frustrating :?
    Michael Smith
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Piano User
    haha, you guys have proffesional trumpets. No, really, I like my trumpet, but I don't go to pieces over it being away.

dont be like that man, I was in pain while my callet was away getting overhauled, but it was all worth it when I got it back. dont dis us just cause we love our horns, and some of us rely on our horns, if you were a race car driver and you didnt have your car for a long period of time and you were missin races, I bet youd be upset in that situation
    Bach strad 180s ML 37 melk 525, mk sterling semi round slide
    Curry 60m
    blessing anniversary flugel curry 3fl
    www.AlsMusicShopNY.com
    Al's Music Shop
    Specializing in unique and hard to find instruments.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TrumpetsForSale/

Piano User
    Good thing I'm not a race car driver! lol
    Well, I wasn't trying to dis you or anything. Just a bit...mildly shocked that you care that much about it. Heck, the trumpet I have isn't even mine!
    say, anyone know if a student (8th grade) would be able to get on the list for the Wild Thing tour?

Piano User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazorphaze
    say, anyone know if a student (8th grade) would be able to get on the list for the Wild Thing tour?
    If you're seriously considering putting down $3,000 to buy it, and not just wanting to try an expensive horn for "free," perhaps Tom would let you. You'll have to ask him. Based on your previsous posts however, I get the impression that that isn't the case.

Piano User
    well, I talked with my dad, and he says it sounds fishy, so I can't do it. To be honest, it does sound a bit fishy...

Lazor-

First, I didn't care for your remark about my feelings about my horn. Lemme tell you something about that horn that I don't tell many people. When I was in the 7th grade, I had just the Olds cornet. My granddad, one of the greatest men I have ever known, wanted to buy me a new trumpet. But my folks wouldn't let him, not sure if I would stick with it. Granddad only came to one concert before he died about 2 months after he offered. About a month after he died, the Olds trumpet that I had recently acquired from my dad had a valve problem, and I ended up getting the trumpet. Granddad had left money for me to get that horn. So basically, it was the last present I ever got from him. Every single time I pick up that horn, I play to him in Heaven. When I hold it, I think of him. When I play my music, he is the inspiration. That man had more impact on my life than any other. This horn is more special to me than any other possession I have. To make light my love of this horn is to me insulting the love I have for my Granddad and the memories of him. You have pretty much just lost all respect that I have for people I really don't know.

Second, I wanna say something about you doubting Tom and Flip. Tom, though I have never met him, is a good man. He is very knowledgeable about the trumpet, and is honest. While I have never had the opportunity to talk with Flip, I am pretty confident that he is about the same way. I don't see how anything on this is fishy. Flip is willing to send a 3000 dollar horn around the country to let those of us too cheap to pay a 200 dollar restocking fee try his horn, all we have to do is pay for shipping. Seeing as you don't seem to have a whole lot of respect for the instrument, I personally wouldn't send my Holton T602 to you. But luckily for you, it's not up to me. Maybe if you beg forgiveness he'll consider it

Now, all preaching aside, I think it will do you good to stay here. I have learned infinitely more about the trumpet since I have started frequenting this forum.
    Michael Smith
    Kanstul 1537/ Schilke 14
    LA Olds Studio

Piano User
    ok, look. I already got banned off of a saxophone board for swearing because some people made me angry. I meant no offense to you. NONE, NONE, NONE. I'm sorry about your grandfather. I'm sure if mine was that special to me, I'd like him very much. I also don't know Flip Oakes, but even if I did want to try the horn out, I would not be able to pay the restocking fee. Plus, I am not in the market for a new trumpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information