Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss My first in 37 years in the General forums; Originally Posted by Dean_0 Sry to hear that Ed i hope your back on your feet very soon ,your in ...
    New York State USA

Re: My first in 37 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_0 View Post
    Sry to hear that Ed i hope your back on your feet very soon ,your in my prayers .

Today a bit of perspective is starting to creep in ,and you know? I'm even more pleased with myself ,that i went ahead with it,and starting to look forward to the next time .that's a new thing for me.

All day I've been thinking about Easter time and how the song ,He is risen ,would sound on the last verse, i would let it rip !.

Anyway thanks to you guys for your support it means a lot

congrats Dean_O --- take that experience and keep adding to it!!! ---- I remember my first 2 appearances of my comeback (the first a 10 minute solo spot in church -- went very well) --- the 2nd I was more nervous because it was a community band, which means I had to count, and NOT play on the rest, and FINISH on time, and not a beat late , but it went well!!! ------------------------------------------ one thing I found Dean_0 and I suppose you will(have) also, is that in front of a "live" audience, are concentration is at an all time high, the music is ALL, the audience is ALL ((meaning that the music and the audience go hand in hand with our relatively positive experience, - the music flows, the audience is happy, -when the audience is happy we get positive feedback -- which in turn helps to solidify our confidence!!!!

GREAT DEAN_O --- dude, I have been there, I know what your feeling ------ it is important ---and I say --- Keep er going, build on this positive experience, keep sharing in church or whereever you can/will play!!! -- you will INSPIRE others, "I guaranteee that!!!"
    Dean_0 likes this.
    1991 King Silver Flair
    1953 Olds Super (LA)
    1979 King KG1055T (pre UMI) Silver Flair
    1940? Olds Ambassador (LA) tenor trombone

I'm not responsible for offending people -- people are responsible for themselves taking offense at me

Mezzo Piano User

Re: My first in 37 years

Quote Originally Posted by tobylou8 View Post
    That's a great story! I remember my first Sunday and yes I was nervous. Maybe now that they have tasted the sound of the trumpet, they'll want seconds. My experiences in churches has been everyone loves brass, but those in charge are almost clueless as to how they can/should be used. I say, Use them at FFF !!!
    As the 'Good Book' says "Make a joyful noise".
    tobylou8, kingtrumpet and Dean_0 like this.
    Ray Z
    If you don't know where you are going it doesn't matter how you get there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information