Trumpet Discussion Discuss My Skype lessons with Bob Grier in the General forums; [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Estevao/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]It's been a while since I posted because I'm a comeback player with a day job that sucks away a ...
    New Friend

My Skype lessons with Bob Grier

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Estevao/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]It's been a while since I posted because I'm a comeback player with a day job that sucks away a lot of time I rather use playing the trumpet.

Anyway I wanted to mention that Bob Grier ([email protected]) has been my teacher for a little over three years now and has been a tremendous help to me.

As I look back I realize Bob has enabled me to make a lot of progress. He's stuck with me while three other, more local, teachers have come and gone. I'm not faulting them by any means because they had legitimate reasons to find someone else to fill my slot. (I keep telling myself, 'It's not because you're a below average player . . . I tell myself and tell myself).

Anyway, Bob has me playing Clarke's Technical Studies and Arban's, both of which seemed way beyond my abilities at first. Now, I've just about got the 2nd Study memorized, and hardly whimper at all when assigned a new etude in Arban's.

If, like me, you need some extra coaching to get up to speed with your playing I'm sure you would find Bob Grier very helpful.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to your and yours, Bob.

Re: My Skype lessons with Bob Grier

Very nice. It is good to know hard work pays off and you have a great teacher.

Re: My Skype lessons with Bob Grier

I am very happy to hear about a first hand internet success story. Thank you.

I think this says as much about the student as it does the teacher. Congrats to both of you!
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Thread Information