Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Need Help Choosing A Trumpet in the General forums; I am a Junior in High School right now, but there's only like 3 weeks of school left. I really ...
    New Friend

Re: Need Help Choosing A Trumpet

I am a Junior in High School right now, but there's only like 3 weeks of school left.

I really do love my Getzen, but I'm wondering if getting a pro model will help me soar higher than where I am.

I know that a trumpet doesn't make a player: it was really funny actually. All of the players at All-States had really nice and really expensive trumpets, and then there was my Intermediate Level Getzen for $300. I hadn't cleaned it for a while either, so that made me a little proud of myself.

I went back to the store it was being sold at, and I got to try the Strad out. It felt really good, but only a bit better than my Getzen. I traded in my beginner Yamaha and am expected to receive a little over $200 for it, but I still do not have enough of my own money to pay for the Strad. I would need to trade in the Getzen, and that's not something that I'm willing to do. I went to try it out on Monday, and I'm gonna assume that it isn't in the store anymore. I'll have to go looking for another one some other time.

Indianapolis, Indiana

Give that trumpet a THROUGH cleaning!! Take it to your music store and get it professionally cleaned and checked. Also have them check your valve alignment.

From this point forward clean that trumpet every month and your mouthpiece each week.
    You will feel a world of difference.

If you get a Strad you can not neglect it like you are your present trumpet.
    Indianapolis, Indiana

"It is not necessary to understand music;
    it is only necessary that one enjoy it"
    Leopold Stanislaw Stokowski

New Friend

Hey I need some help with choosing a Trumpet. Currently, I'm going after The Vincent Bach 180S37 "Big Apple Edition". However I feel one doubt that the low notes may be my problem. Then I'm interested in the Yamaha Xenos becuase they produce a wonderful sound and do well in the low register. My concern is that they may have too dark of a sound. Which one would be better?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information