Quote Originally Posted by BruceGrain View Post
The army type has a bugle similar to the one i just purchased and I was wondering how they were held.
Deferring to "Arlington National Cemetery buglers" via Google, you'll veiw how the traditional military bugle in G is held, the hand wrapped around the the leadpipe and bell stem. This is a valveless instrument. Many at Arlington also now play a Bb instrument (Kanstul) of the same general configuration. Also, I do recommend you visit Taps Bugler: Jari Villanueva the website of Jari Villaneuva, former USAF bugler at Arlington National Cemetery.