Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes
Trumpet Discussion Discuss New Chris Botti Interview in the General forums; Outstanding musician Perfect gentleman Hollywood good looks........... Really, what's there to like about the guy!...

Re: New Chris Botti Interview

Outstanding musician
    Perfect gentleman
    Hollywood good looks...........

Really, what's there to like about the guy!
    BigDub and Kevin Whiting like this.

Schilke B1 & S42 (Bb), Conn 38A Connstellation (Cornet), Bach Strad 183 (Flugel), French Besson Classic (C)
    Plus a modest collection of vintage trumpets.

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country." Kurt Vonnegut

"It aint the mouthpiece." W.W.

Pianissimo User
    western Wyoming

Great interview. Thanks!!!! Both practical and philosophical thoughts of one of the world's finest jazz trumpet players.
    TrumpetMD likes this.
    "The first 30 years you play a trumpet, you suck!" Chris Botti

And all these years I thought I was supposed to blow!!!

Mezzo Piano User Randall Nelson's Avatar
    WA State

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McNeill View Post

I too like Chris Botti - CDs and Live!

I have helped to make this man financially successful!

He's a good guy!

Peter, I've happily done the same.
    Speaking of him being a good guy and a good role is a repost of an event I witnessed a couple of years ago that many may not have seen (in response to a negative thread and comment on Chris)..

"Hi all,
    This has nothing to do with Chris Botti's playing abilities, which I happen to admire and respect and enjoy, but says something about the man himself.

In 2008 at a crowded and totally sold out August concert at St. Michelle Winery, Chris had finished his sets (super performance by the way...complete with totally blowing the Harmon mute right out of the Committee and onto the stage). Chris played an encore or two and was cooling down with the crowd when he happened to look up and glance over to his right to an entrance gate away from the seating and notice some 20-30 high school and Jr. high students that had been listening for free on the other side of the fence to his performance.

In what took maybe less than a couple of seconds after noticing that group, Chris got on the mike and said to the ushers "Hey open the gate and let those students come down here...I want to talk with them". That may or may not not be an exact quote but you get the idea... What happened then was amazing. Chris proceeded to give them all a pep talk about practicing and working hard and spent another 1/2 hour after the show talking to them taking questions about music, performing, and the importance of working hard.

I'm sure that later that night there was probably more wood shedding from that group of students than may have occurred in some time.

The man is genuine. Whether you like or don't like his playing, his music, or whatever, he is a very real person and he has done a lot for inspiring music and trumpet playing by his success.

My two point five cents...
    Randy Nelson"
    Getzen Custom 3051 (.462) RL
    French Besson Marvin Stamm 94 BB (.464) (Kanstul)
    Kanstul Chicago 1001 MLP (.464)
    Lawler C7 Step bore (.453/.460/.462) 1A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information