Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss New NFL Trumpet Licks in the General forums; Originally Posted by kadleck Jeff's website is jeffkievit.com. Jeff, Greg Gisbert, Jim Hynes and myself did the ABC Mon. Night ...
    New Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by kadleck View Post
    Jeff's website is jeffkievit.com.

Jeff, Greg Gisbert, Jim Hynes and myself did the ABC Mon. Night F-ball stuff a long time ago. They've been using that on and off for ages. Was the Giant/Colt game on ABC?
    Tony K.,

off topic a bit...but, any idea what Jim Hynes is up to these days? I took a handful of lessons with him back in the 80's when he lived up in Rochester. He was a great player back then - playing lead with Jeff Tyzik's big band among other things. I think you and I met way back then aswell....I was going to Ithaca College at the time and was good friends with Mike Levinsky...he kept mentioning this awesome trumpet player friend of his from home (in Binghamton) named Tony... Anyway, good to hear things are well with you!

-John P.

You aren't old enough to have done the one from the early to mid 70's, are you Tony?
    Last edited by brian moon; 09-16-2006 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    May the God of Israel, who is very real, and who sent the Messiah and the Savior that we so desperately need so that we can be reconciled to our Creator and live forever with the Three-In-One God, bless you today!

We have to admit that there is nothing in the geological records that runs contrary to the views of conservative creationists."

(Evolutionist Edmund Ambrose)

Piano User
    I'm old enough, Brian, if you're talking about the NFL themes when Alcoa sponsored all the games. The themes were done in Nashville in the mid to late 70's, and I was one of four trumpets in the studio orchestra that recorded those............. for several seasons. The other trumpets were Ron Keller, George Tidwell, and George Cunningham.
    Last edited by Dave Converse; 09-16-2006 at 08:59 PM.

Kadleck Wrote:Jeff's website is jeffkievit.com.

Jeff, Greg Gisbert, Jim Hynes and myself did the ABC Mon. Night F-ball stuff a long time ago. They've been using that on and off for ages. Was the Giant/Colt game on ABC?

Your Huge!!!!!!!!

Tony G
    www.newyorkplayers.com
    www.reverbnation.com/tonygambaro

Schilke S-42 50th Anniversary - Dr. Valve

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Converse View Post
    I'm old enough, Brian, if you're talking about the NFL themes when Alcoa sponsored all the games. The themes were done in Nashville in the mid to late 70's, and I was one of four trumpets in the studio orchestra that recorded those............. for several seasons. The other trumpets were Ron Keller, George Tidwell, and George Cunningham.
    Those were cool Dave. Like the NFL Highlights show with Harry Kalas and stuff like that? I am curious; who did the Monday night theme with the high F on the end? Was it recorded more that once that way? I remember one version that I thought ran for at least a couple of seasons
    May the God of Israel, who is very real, and who sent the Messiah and the Savior that we so desperately need so that we can be reconciled to our Creator and live forever with the Three-In-One God, bless you today!

We have to admit that there is nothing in the geological records that runs contrary to the views of conservative creationists."

(Evolutionist Edmund Ambrose)

Piano User
    That's a long time ago for me to claim much memory reliability. If we're talking about the same recordings, Ron Keller would have been the lead player, and any upper register stuff would have been him. I could hold my own as a lead player, but among the studio guys..............I was "the kid." (I was only about 25, and everybody around me was a good 10 years older than me).

Back in those days, I didn't keep up with NFL, Sunday or Monday nite............way too jazz-oriented for such mundane stuff (LOL). I know the Alcoa themes were all basically the same over several years, but were freshened up frequently (more work for the "good guys"). The producer came down to Nashville from Toronto, saying he liked the brass sound better down here. Of course, we were waaaay flattered considering the Rob McConnell band of Toronto session players was really hot back then.

Forte User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Converse View Post
    The producer came down to Nashville from Toronto, saying he liked the brass sound better down here. Of course, we were waaaay flattered considering the Rob McConnell band of Toronto session players was really hot back then.
    The Band in Toronto was "really hot" and much more expensive than the one in Nashville, I'm sure. These "producers" do shop around.

Liad Bar-EL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information