Dear fellow trumpeters,

I'm excited to announce that my complete, 4-volume set of "Trumpet Outings" is now available to order online at the Editions Bim site ( The books were written with the goal of providing all levels of players with interesting and challenging music in a wide variety of genres and styles, from classical through avant-garde and jazz, introducing even the younger players to the kinds of versatility needed for today's varied musical venues.

For the Easy and Intermediate books you can download free MP3 accompaniments to the etudes from the BIM website, making practice a lot more fun and musical.

As for my background, I studied trumpet with William Vacchiano and composition with Hall Overton at Juilliard (grad. 1968). Extensive experience in all genres from symphony to big band. I'm now a free-lance player, composer and teacher in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

I hope you'll check out these books and please feel free to send me your feedback. I also have a Sonata for Trumpet (in C, middle movement flugelhorn) published by Edtions Bim.

Thanks and best wishes,

Charles (Chas) Reskin
Hollywood, FL