Trumpet Discussion Discuss New Years music? in the General forums; I am fortunate enough to live in Brisbane, where I have easy access to the Brisbane Jazz Club, one of ...
    Forte User
    Brisbane, Australia

New Years music?

I am fortunate enough to live in Brisbane, where I have easy access to the Brisbane Jazz Club, one of the oldest and finest music clubs in Australia. BJC has several concerts and festivals throughout the year, including swing dancing with live music every Friday, the Oz Manouche gypsy jazz festival every November, and a live concert and dinner for New Years Eve. The club Is right on the river and the concert wraps up with the city's midnight fireworks display. What a treat!

The evening started with a double set from Swing Manouche, a local gypsy jazz quintet. Lead guitar, rhythm guitar, accordion, double bass, and clarinet/tenor sax. They were all spectacular, but the lead guitar and the bass really stood out!

Next was a great standards show by Oz Hornz, whose lead singer is also a burlesque performer. She was backed by trumpet, trombone, sax, piano, bass, and drums. Everything was great, from the selection of the tunes to the costume changes and the orchestration. Miss Mandy, the lead singer, must be in her 50s, but dancing has sure kept her looking sexy! Wowza! I enjoyed watching the trumpeter too. It's a small club and it was on the edge of too much horn, but it was great!

Get out there and listen to live music! It doesn't have to be anybody famous to be a great time. And if you are ever in Brisbane, Check out the Jazz Club!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by; 01-01-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    Queensland Wind And Brass
    Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. Thelonious Monk

New York State USA

Re: New Years music?

very nice to be in a place that has culture and music nearby --- I live in Upstate New York in the USA -- about 250 miles away from NYC. For theatre, big concerts, and stuff --- the nearest cities (Rochester and Syracuse) are about 80 miles away ---- so they are not next door, especially in the winter these 2 cities are "in the snow belt" and get lake effect snow from the Great Lakes --- meaning driving more or less is treacherous on any given day near them.
    1991 King Silver Flair
    1953 Olds Super (LA)
    1979 King KG1055T (pre UMI) Silver Flair
    1940? Olds Ambassador (LA) tenor trombone

I'm not responsible for offending people -- people are responsible for themselves taking offense at me

Thread Information