Trumpet Discussion Discuss next Saturday: Wynton! Take yer kids! in the General forums; Next Saturday I'll be taking my 10 year old daughter and her 2 cousins into the Rose Ballroom in Manhattan ...
    New York, U.S. of A.

next Saturday: Wynton! Take yer kids!

Next Saturday I'll be taking my 10 year old daughter and her 2 cousins into the Rose Ballroom in Manhattan to see Wynton and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra. They occasionally put specials on 'for the kids', and this is one of those, entitled "Who is Count Basie". I think we're ALL gonna enjoy it!
    I think it's important to take yer kids out to things like this. I remember, as a kid, my Dad making sure I saw Woody Herman, Buddy Rich, Lionel Hampton, et al...... I take my kids to jazz, classical, and rock shows. I'm fortunate that we all enjoy music.
    Greg Condemi

Fortissimo User
    Yee HAW!
    Good for you, Greg. I took both my kids (and wife!) to see them when they came through Calgary. The kids (especially my son) loved the show and the wife even admitted to enjoying it.

Now their school is sending them on a band trip out to Victoria and Vancouver where they'll take in a concert by the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra. They're really hyped about that.

We often don't give our youth enough credit when it comes to being able to listen and enjoy some of the music that we tend to "think" is only for older, more "sophisticated" folk. Turn 'em on young and turn 'em on for life.

Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar
    Metro Detroit
    Hey Greg,

I believe the BASIE BAND will be at Carnegie Hall next week too.

Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Pianissimo User
    Brooklyn, NY
    that's beauutiful Greg - when I have kids I'll be doing the same. Good for you.

Have fun!

Bach 43* ML
    Bach 1 1/4 C

Thread Information