I recent had *what I consider* a GREAT idea (it doesn't happen often, but I'm proud of this one!)
Old Lou departed us on 1/16/2014 and I want to keep his memory alive at least within our little community.
Thus I hear-by decree we have an "Old Lou Tribute Week" every year in honor of his memory. (Participation is not mandatory, but would be appreciated)
I think all of us that knew Old Lou should attempt to do the at LEAST one of the following during this Tribute week-
1) if you happen to OWN one of Old Lou's horns or mouthpieces:
- play it this week and remember the horn's/mpc's previous owner
- post some pictures of said horn
- Give us a review of the horn / mpc
2) if you have a YORK horn at all
- play it this week and remember the guy who was our bastion of all knowledge relating to the J W York and Sons / York Band Instruments Company
- give a review of the horn
3) play any horn you have an take a moment and remember Old Lou
4) Share something you learned from Old Lou either from any of the Trumpet Forums or if you actually got a chance to have a face to face chat with him.
So go forth and begin remembering Old Lou - please share with the rest of us if you would like.