Trumpet Discussion Discuss Olds Ambassador Silver Trumpet in the General forums; I have ahd this trumpet for about 35 Years now. I haven't played it in about 25 yearsnow but I ...
    New Friend
    Franklinton, LA

Olds Ambassador Silver Trumpet

I have ahd this trumpet for about 35 Years now. I haven't played it in about 25 yearsnow but I took it out last night and it sure sounds sweet. It plays like the first day i got it. I have been told that a all silver Olds ambassador from 1968 is raer . Is it, and what would it be worth? It is in great shape wilth little damage (yery small dent and the second valve slide has the finish worn off an little.

Banned Mezzo Piano User

Re: Olds Ambassador Silver Trumpet

Well it is not so rare that it would be worth drasticly more to most people then an Olds Ambassador in that same shape without silver. I find about one silver Olds Ambasador a week on Ebay and sometimes their are two. Since the Old's Ambasador has a lot of demand many people will rebuilt them then silver plate them and try to charge insane amounts for them. As much as I like the Ambassador's they are still considered a student model even in silver. The olds Ambassadors are real wild cards becasue so many people want them. I have seen run of the mill Ambassadors that where in really good shape sell for $24-$350 dollars. Their is one place that rebuilds trumpets and refinish's them I think they where trying to sell a silver and gold Old's Ambassador that was rebuilt includeing replateing of the valves for $1200 but last I checked it was still their and has been their on their sight for a long time. You can get any trumpet silver plated for about $200 take that into account. I would probably hold on to it. The second you put a reserve on it most hard core Ebayer's will pass it by.

Thread Information