Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Ouch in the General forums; Originally Posted by Tootsall The show starts Wed. morning and my Schilke is NOT going up onto that ridiculous, postage ...
    Moderator Utimate User Solar Bell's Avatar
    Metro Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tootsall View Post
    The show starts Wed. morning and my Schilke is NOT going up onto that ridiculous, postage stamp with no safe access.
    I guess the Eclipse is out of the question?

The bell almost looks like Thomas Gansch's horn.

Man, how did your kids manage to not kill the kid and all of the laughers?

What a tough day!

Chuck Willard
    The Willard of Oz

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

For use during a show, your son could probably have a nice looking case parked right next to his chair - could be a nice christmas present?
    I had a much worse dent removed with no problem-as I never had the horn replated it was a constant reminder about my foolishness.....
    As Dave Monette has published on his website: the horn should be in your hands making music or in the case. Most of the chairs that i am familiar with are anatomically formed for supporting something placed much lower on the body..........
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Fortissimo User
    Yee HAW!
    My son HAS a nice looking case... a brand new ProPac that I got him last year. The ladder used to climb onto the stand requires the use of both hands to go up and there is no room ON the platform for a case. Hence the need to "hand the instruments up sans cases" to someone and hope that they're not so stupid as to think that a trumpet will stand upright on it's own bell without a stand. Oh... the stand? He dropped and broke his old, 3 leg one a couple of weeks back and the new one (5 leg) arrived by courier yesterday... 24 hours too late.

Cincinnati, OH
    Had a friend who had just the bell of his trumpet run over by a port-o-let pumping truck. We had set our horns down to work over a marching drill in band camp. He had laid his half on the grass and half on the driveway back to some baseball fields. The tire hit only the bell (missed the tuning and 3rd slides) and flattened it. The horn was still somewhat playable but I'll never forget that sight.

Greg Glassmeyer

Batavia, Ohio
    Well....I had a bit of a temper in 7th grade...It was bad...One day I got really angry and I threw my trumpet across the band room. I didn't know where...but when I finally realized was laying on the floor, againist a wall. I was like, "Oh crap..." But the wierd thing is, it plays fine 3 years later. Infact I get hit higher notes and such on it. But I call it my "Practice horn."

The valves stick occasionally, even after oiling them up. But it's's the one I practice on...

Tyler Loveless
    High School Trumpet
    First Trumpet '05 '06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information