Trumpet Discussion Discuss Our friend Robt. Rowe in the General forums; In a telephone conversation with Robt. yesterday I found out why Robt. has been AWOL from this and other forums ...
    Forte User
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

Our friend Robt. Rowe

In a telephone conversation with Robt. yesterday I found out why Robt. has been AWOL from this and other forums of late. He is going through a pretty sticky patch right now. His 91 year old mother is suffering from terminal colon cancer and is in the early stages of alzheimers. Robt. moved accross town to a larger house so that he could bring his mom in as a resident with him and his wife and where she can be available for the hospice care that she requires. This has caused a good deal of tension in his home and resultantly Robt. and his wife found it nessecary to seek marital counseling. Being a devout Christian, like me, Robt. asked that I post this message for him and requested our prayers for his mom, his wife and himself. My advice to him was to accept the fact that his mom will soon be gone and that he pray that she not suffer too much in the process. I also told him that his wife is actually his prime concern, and that he should do everything in his power to make her happy now and for the future, because she is his future. He is kept busy for the time being caring for his mom and transporting her to various medical appointments, so he is unable to devote much time to his love of giving his always sound advice to those of us on the computer.

Couturier trumpet
    York Wizard by Couturier cornet
    York Master Model trumpet
    York Elite trumpet
    York Airflow cornet
    Conn Concert Grand Cornet
    King Liberty trumpet
    Reynolds Professional cornet
    Bohm & Meinl professional trumpet
    Conn New World Symphony trumpet
    Olds Special cornet Los Angeles
    B&H Sovereign cornet
    G.R.Band Instr. cornet
    Getzen Super Deluxe trumpet and cornet
    Getzen Deluxe trumpet and cornet
    Many others no room to list

Pianissimo User
    Salisbury, MD

Re: Our friend Robt. Rowe

Thanx for the update Lou. Robert had told me parts of the same story a little while back. Robert and I first met online in a trumpet forum and soon realized that we both grew up in southern Delaware about 5 miles apart. From there, it was interesting to identify how many people we both knew from the area. As it turns out, he knows my mother and had my father as a teacher when he was in high school. It truly is a small world.
    While we've still never met face to face, I have learned to trust his opinions on horns and enjoy his wit. My best to Robert and family. I look forward to his return to the online community.

Administrator Fortissimo User MJ's Avatar

Thanks for the update.... hope everything works out for Robert

Artist in Residence
    Mezzo Forte User

new york

Thanks Lou. My best to Robert.

Forte User

Will be praying for the entire situation. He and his family are under a lot of stress. Thanks for the update.
    formerly known as old geezer Dave
    Chicago Benge 33XX
    Blessing 1580 [ Powell modified ]
    Getzen 800s ml Cornet P02819
    Yam. 231 Fl. 15383
    King Master Cornet 295628
    assorted other horns

Kalamazoo, Michigan

Very appropriate sentiments Lou. They need all the help that can be generated to get thru this crisis.
    Last edited by MFfan; 10-09-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Dave Rafferty
    Spartan for Life
    ???? Barrington trumpet
    1968 Besson 2-20 trumpet
    1960's B & H Embassy trumpet
    1967 Conn Connquest cornet
    ???? Devillier (stencil) Trumpet German?
    ???? Besson 609
    1957 Besson 8-10 Trumpet
    Portage Senior Center Dance Band
    Kalamazoo Checkers Swing Band

Ithaca NY

I will pray for them. Thanks, oldlou, for keeping us in the loop.
    Nothing is more contagious or tenacious than music. Once you are exposed it gets inside you and you can never get rid of it. It is also non-discriminating. It can be Ride of the Valkyries, In a Gadda da Vida, the Jeopardy 15 second thinking tune, your most disliked commercial jingle - it doesn't matter. Once triggered, off you go, like it or not.

Pianissimo User
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

I do not know Robert Rowe that well, but have read many of his posts, and send my dearest regards to him and his family.

Sunny Ca.

Hmmm, I suspected that was why we haven't heard from him, he had mentioned to me in some emails the situation with his mom, I think this puts a strain on everyone in the family circle. He will be in my nightly discussion with the man upstairs, thanks for the update Lou.
    " It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear" Norm Peterson "Cheers"

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up" Lilly Tomlin

Thread Information