Trumpet Discussion Discuss out in the General forums; out...
    Banned Pianissimo User

out

out

Yeah, every personal experience I've had with him has been really good. Just a nice guy.

However, he did talk s*** about Miles when he was younger, and I LOVE Ellington's music, but I think Ellington does Ellington better than Wynton and the LCJ Orchestra.

He's a freak of a trumpet player though... Loved his stuff from the early eighties through the mid nineties. But now? Eh.

-Kevin

Forte User
    There was a very interesting article about Wynton and the state of his career in the Atlantic Monthly a couple of months ago. A google search might pull it up.

I have met Wynton a couple of times and he has always been great.

Some people like to dog on him or his musical decisions. In my mind he is one of the best and most versitile trumpet players in the world.

TM

Quote Originally Posted by TangneyK
    Yeah, every personal experience I've had with him has been really good. Just a nice guy.

However, he did talk s*** about Miles when he was younger, and I LOVE Ellington's music, but I think Ellington does Ellington better than Wynton and the LCJ Orchestra.

He's a freak of a trumpet player though... Loved his stuff from the early eighties through the mid nineties. But now? Eh.

-Kevin

Thread Information