Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Patrick Hession's method book is here!!! in the General forums; Or someone copied it and then is reselling it. I agree give us a REVIEW on the method. Mike...
    Pianissimo User
    Or someone copied it and then is reselling it. I agree give us a REVIEW on the method.

Mike
    It's the sound that makes the difference!

Pianissimo User

Unknowledgeable Accusation!!

I'm the guy selling the "Guide To Invincible Chops" and IT'S NOT A COPY. If you read my post/ad you would have known that!! It's an original without any marks or damage.

Why I'm selling it is simple -- now that I've given it a good read, I prefer to go with another method book which I already have. If I get the time later, I post a review.

---<Rick
    Trumpets
    Tulsa Calicchio 1sZ/3rL
    LA Benge 2X (88XX)

Flugelhorn
    Hollywood Calicchio brass flugelhorn

Patrick,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Trumpet Master's forum. You are sure to get peppered with all kinds of questions now!

I look forward to your participation here and I hope you find the atmosphere inviting and comfortable. 8)
    Patrick Gleason

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    "At my signal, unleash hell."
    - Maximus Decimus Meridius

New Friend
    I have read through the first 13 pages of instruction. Before I go on to the exercises I want to go back and re-read the text in its entirety and highlight the important parts so please bear with me. This is not going to be a thorough review of the book but more of a "teaser".

Much of the text of this book deals with air support, air control and just plain air. I was a bit surprised that there was not more detail about embouchure in a book titled "Invincible Chops" but as Patrick details playing in the upper register is more about air movement and keeping air moving though the horn than it is about the "chops".

Very interesting read. It is complementing everything I am learning in our Drum and Bugle corps from our director who is big on air.

Just glancing at the exercises its not really anything I haven't seen before, it’s just more of the same with some emphasis on the basics and principles about how to get air to move through the horn. Even the exercises about lip slurs and tonguing deal more around "air" than it does technique and fundamentals of playing the horn.

All in all I think Patrick can be proud of this book. Since it’s probably the first book he has ever written and probably was strong armed by thousands of publishers to write one, I think he has done an outstanding job.

Ill report more as I focus in more detail of the studies and the exercises.

New Friend

No re-invention here!

Hello dbacon!

The book is much, much deeper than that!

Patrick

New Friend
    :)

Pianissimo User

Patrick Hession's method book is here!!!

I, also, recently received Patrick's new method book and, after a quick read-through, I think it is going to work very well FOR ME. Not knowing all of the methods Patrick, himself, went through (and I'm sure there were many!) it appears to me that besides the breathing , relaxing, range, sound aspect the book also seems to have strong influences from John Glasel's method, "Relaxation Techniques"...and from another extremely well-known method of one of MY biggest influences/teachers...Carmine Caruso. Since I've been "into" both of these methods for the past 30 some years, or so, I can't see how this book could do anything BUT help me given that there are MANY more insights from Patrick's own experience/career assembled all in one book in a logical, easy to understand method. Thank you, Patrick!!!

Butch
    Kanstul Mariachi Premier
    Kanstul 1525 Flugelhorn
    Pieces - Warb. 6ESV top/Black #3 BB - Warb. 6FLM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information