Trumpet Discussion Discuss Picc/ part for Stars and Stripes in the General forums; Does anyone know if the piccolo part from Stars and Stripes has been transcibed for A picc.? I need a ...
    New Friend

Picc/ part for Stars and Stripes

Does anyone know if the piccolo part from Stars and Stripes has been transcibed for A picc.? I need a copy for an upcoming performance with a Brass Band. If so where could I get it?

Thank y'all for the help, I got it!

Forte User
    Farnham (a place too smal
    I wouldn't recommend it for A piccolo - if you are playing the brass band versions I have played, Bb piccolo will put you in a much nicer key (although Eb soprano cornet is even nicer).
    I have a version somewhere for Bb piccolo - but I have only ever played it on an Eb - so much easier.

New Friend
    Alpharetta, GA
    I wouldn't try it on A-picc.. It's ok on Bb picc..
    The easiest is on Eb Soprano Cornet. I've also done it on Eb trumpet.
    With the brass band Eb Cornet would be most the most appropriate.

As far as transposing it, there are a few websites with a midi version of Stars and Stripes so I have in a pinch used that. I have a program called Midinote that will take a midi and convert it to sheet music.

Pianissimo User
    I've played it on Bb picc and it was still pretty difficult, but the key wasn't as bad as A. It'd be worth transposing to Bb if you only have the A part. Haven't tried the Eb yet, sorry.

"Take care of your fundamentals and your fundamentals will take care of you"

"Don't practice for 'something', practice 'everything' and you'll be ready for ANYTHING"

Bb-Bach Strad 43
    C- Bach Strad 229 25H
    Picc - Schilke P54 Gold Plated

If you are playing it with a Brass Band (and it depends on the key or course)... it sits nicely on the Eb.

Phil and Kevin: Have you guys had a chance to try it on the Eb yet?

Thread Information