Thank you all for the replys!

Robin...When you said I may "artifically park" the tongue, I became aware of some (a lot!) of tension in the jaw/neck/back of the mouth area. Letting go of that helps things work in sync and with the sound centered. I have to confess, I don't really think of where the tongue goes, or the syllable, (Speed and clarity aren't the issue so much as pitch when it's a nice clear tongue) but the way you describe the light T tongue produced some nice sounds. PRACTICE!

Diz and Action...I really like the "wind patterns," and I've used them in my practice, not so much lately, but it's time to revisit, I think. I've always thought that the less I think about the tongue, the better!'s too late for me to play any more tonight, but I'm pretty sure when I play the mouthpiece, the pitch will start a little high. Thanks for the exercises.

VB...I'm a great whistler but when I try to tongue, the pitch goes crazy (I think usually use my throat...uh oh!)...but I'll learn!

Thank you all for taking the time to think about this. At some point, I'll post back here with how things are working.