Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Playing trombone in the General forums; Good condition Olds Ambassador Troms go on E-bay for the price of a Cafe Latte; enjoy both, as rowuk said, ...
    Melbourne Australia

Re: Playing trombone

Good condition Olds Ambassador Troms go on E-bay for the price of a Cafe Latte; enjoy both, as rowuk said, you need to keep the practice time and effort on trumpet up to speed.

Like Graham above, I too do remember my first swap back to Trumpet after playing Bass trumpet for the first time; I could hardly feel the trumpet mpce, and it just felt so small, I hardly blew a note. It threw me for a while - probably where rviser is now. Gave me a fright!!

I had been playing trumpet for about 5 years before getting the Getzen Bass Trumpet as a second instrument. I was probably 18 y-old then and competent on trumpet. Playing with the Bass Trumpet then allowed me to slot into a Jupiter Valve Trom, then the slide trom after that.

Keep with it, as it will allow a whole new world of Brass playing once you have the Trom embouchure going with the trumpet...Slide Trom, marching Trom, marching Bari and Eupho. Couple this with the Flugel and trumpet...a full arsenal. French horn still mystifies me...

Best wishes - keep with it

Why do I like a bell that Points UP ?
    - because the spit does not run back into my mouth!

Polson, MT

Re: Playing trombone

I have no problem moving from the trumpet to the peckhorn, but when I try to return to the trumpet my lips think I'm trying to strangle them! I'm going to try and work it out. It must be all in my head. On the other hand, so are habanero peppers. Your brain just THINKS your tongue is on fire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information