Trumpet Discussion Discuss Pray for Flip's recovery . . . in the General forums; I got an e-mail from Flip Oakes yesterday saying, in part, "I got very ill Tues., evening, went to the ...

Pray for Flip's recovery . . .

I got an e-mail from Flip Oakes yesterday saying, in part,

"I got very ill Tues., evening, went to the Dr on Wed. and was sent in the hospital for a stress test.

They admitted me, and during the test I had a mild heart attack. Yesterday I had the procedure, where they go in through the groin, open back up the artery with a balloon, and then had a stent sp (?) put in place to hold the artery open . . ."

GOOD NEWS . . .

Flip's back home now recovering and is feeling much better. He's only in his mid-'50's and he's got a lot more of life still ahead of him, Lord willing.

I invite those who believe to pray for his restoration of health.

AN INTERNET "GET WELL CARD" . . .

I'm starting a "get well card" message section right now in the Wild Thing section for folks to send their wishes. I invite everyone to open it up and leave their regards,

Thanks!

Tom

Pianissimo User
    I'm sorry to hear this. Get well Flip, my prayers are with you.

New Friend

Get Well Soon

Flip,

I hope you are ready for a lifestyle change. I had a heart attack when I was 49. I also had an angilplasty (that was unsuccessful). I had a crooked artery and the balloon kept blowing up backwards. If you can,
    go to cardiac rehab. They will teach you what you need to know about eating, exercise etc. I'm now 58 and do spinning classes, run and workout with the weights. I also blow that 470 bore WT. No problem, but
    I do generally watch what I eat and I exercise regularly. If you would like more specifics on what I do, just send me an e-mail and I will get back to you. You will be back on your feet soon but you need to adjust a few things. Here's to a speedy recovery. The best to you.

Sincerely,
    Allan Linker

Thread Information