I have a new post on my blog titled, "Present Time". It is about concentration in performance. As an improviser, my ADD is somewhat of an advantage. However, in a classical ensemble setting it can be a nightmare. The gist of it is a checklist:
- Know the music well ahead of time.
- Celebrate good rituals
- Hear the music in your head, and engage
- Focus your mind on the beauty of the note you are producing - sweet attacks
- Deep-breathing when not playing (don't be a yoga spectacle on stage)
- Don't worry about the high note ahead, your body knows how to play it
For more details, please feel free to check my blog article at Present Time | Glory Horn
Happy Hanukah/Merry Christmas!