Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Trumpet Discussion Discuss The "Project" is done: Arnold Jacobs to go, please in the General forums; It was a combined effort of proofing that started with me and ended elsewhere. Yeah, after I saw the first ...
    Utimate User
    It was a combined effort of proofing that started with me and ended elsewhere. Yeah, after I saw the first printing, I said "There's a wee bit more to do, I'm afraid...". The next edition should be better. It turned out to be a bigger job than I thought; truly a full time gig if you want it perect. We'll catch more next time.

Piano User
    Gainesville, Florida

The Project

Mr. Laureano...thanks for the response. Please understand how much I truly like the Lasting Changes book. Ultimately it is the content that for me is the ultimate goal. As a long time Arnold Jacobs fan, I found the book to be excellent. Definitely something to have as a good resource and source of inspiration. Please pass along my congratulations to Luis as well.

Bill Dishman
    Gainesville, Florida
    (small fish in a small pond)

Colorado Springs, CO
    I received my copy of this wonderful book this week, and I am grateful to all who participated in publishing it. I just started lessons with another Jacobs student (David Zuercher, principal here in Colorado Springs), and so the book really resonates as I recognize the same concepts that he is introducing to me. He fully credits Mr. Jacobs with transforming his career, and there is a nice big poster of Jacobs in his studio (the cover photo from Song and Wind) as an inspiration during our lessons.

Manny, thanks for helping Mr. Lubriel share his project with all of us!
    - Kevin Jaeger

Pikes Peak Philharmonic
    Colorado Springs, CO

New Friend

Thumbs up Re: The "Project" is done: Arnold Jacobs to go, please

I just got the book this week. I'm only half of the way through it but I've really enjoyed it so far and have found a lot enlightening things in it. I've ordered the Rhythmical Articulation book by P. Bona for solfege that Jacobs recommends. Singing hasn't really ever been something that I've done (no choir or anything), so I look forward to trying this out and getting it into my playing.

Thanks so much Mr. Loubriel for putting this together and Mr. Laureano for helping it along.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information