Trumpet Discussion Discuss Question to trumpet model in the General forums; hi guys! i got a new trumpet and would like to have more informations about this one.hope that u know ...
    New Friend

Question to trumpet model

hi guys!
    i got a new trumpet and would like to have more informations about this one.hope that u know more about Mercury model,vincent bach corporation,new york,U.S.A
    the serial number is 10101 or not sure because i cant really recognize the 4th number.
    The special is, that this instrument is made in new york maybe in 1936.Hope u know more.THANK U!
    i would like to add a picture which is similiar to mine except mine is silver and a mercury model.maybe it can help u =)
    Last edited by GERtrumpet; 12-02-2006 at 03:07 PM.

That's cool! I actually own the instrument in your picture. The Bach Mercury trumpets are hard to get a handle on because Bach sometimes used parts that didn't come out perfectly that were originally intended for his Stradvarius instruments and sometimes used foreign made parts with his bells and leadpipes to produce a student model horn. Many Mercury models have a small bore (.448) with a 31 bell and a 6 leadpipe although you can find all sorts of different combinations. I'd have to see a picture of your actually instrument to tell you more about it. Many Mercury models are similar to small bore Strads and some have german made (Franke) valves with Bach bells and leadpipes. If you're lucky you have a Bach valve section and a slightly defective Bach bell. That would play like a small bore Strad. The serial number may or may not be in the same set as the normal Bach trumpets so dating it, sight unseen is difficult. I'd need to see a picture.
    Bill S.- NY and Mt. Vernon Bach trumpets, Bach "C" cornet, NY Bach trombone 6vii, Schilke G and Yamaha Eb, Bb/A and flugelhorn. Warburton and Monette mouthpieces.

Thread Information