Trumpet Discussion Discuss questions about the national guard band in the General forums; does anybody know if the national guard supplies their players with a horn or do i need my own horn?...
    New Friend
    petoskey michigan

questions about the national guard band

does anybody know if the national guard supplies their players with a horn or do i need my own horn?
    (shaking hands) hi, my name is michael and im a much better trumpet player and musician than you.

Georgia, USA

Re: questions about the national guard band

Quote Originally Posted by bigdigit5 View Post
    does anybody know if the national guard supplies their players with a horn or do i need my own horn?

You don't need your own underwear, shoes, gun . . . or horn. The guvament issues you everything you need to "accomplish the mission."

I've got a friend, a senior NCO in the Air Farce band program right now who is over "playing in the sand" with a couple of the ANG bands (Texas and Illinois I believe), in the land of the late Saddam Hussein.

I don't know if what type of NG band you are considering, but I assure you they are really having a good time over in "The Sand" right now, helping build bridges of support and warmth between the peoples of Iraq and Afganistan on their temporary tour.

One intellegence commander told my friend that he knows for a fact that their musical shows have saved American lives because of people after the concert who came forward and told the intellegence officer of al queda operatives they decided to turn in!

It's not everyday that a musician can save lives!

Also, their concerts for the troops have been big hits too!

The Air Farce has been flying them in and out of their destination spots, from an airbase in an "undisclosed location" that's secure.

REAL HOT BANDS TOO (all puns intended) in that 115 degree plus heat!

Military bands are a great place for musicians to play . . . and you'll hopefully get to travel a little too!

I believe the TDY tours for the ANG bands over there right now are about 2-4 weeks long before the units come back to the States.

Tom Turner
    Last edited by tom turner; 07-29-2007 at 12:05 PM.

San Juan, PR

Re: questions about the national guard band

Hi, my name is SSG Daniel Quinones from the 248th Army Band, Puerto Rico National Guard. The answer to your question is that the unit or band will provide you with a professional level instrument and all the necessary accesories that you might need to perform like cleaning supplies, valve oil, mutes, etc. It is your choice if you want to use your own horn. I use my own horns myself because I don't personally like what the Band have in the Supply Room even though they are high quality professional level horns. If you have any questions about the Army National Guard Band Program PM me and I will be more than happy to clear up any doubts and/ or questions you might have.

Army Strong!

SSG Daniel Quinones
    248th Army Band

Thread Information