My degree is not in Rocket Propulsion but in a pinch I could help with that.LOL I have built more then one Rocket just for fun! In fact I almost burnt two house's down as a kid and blow a crater in the backyard through the concrete patio. I was not popular with the fire marshall as a kid..... My butt was spanked often for getting into things like this.

I think this website cater's to those that are either at an insanely high level or wish to achieve an insanely high level. I also think that their might be a bit too many manufacture's or agents their off on here because their seems to be a lot of sales pressure for a select few high end brands. Usualy when you try to differerentiate your product from the mass's their are two ways to do it. Exclusiviety or Supiorer materials and technology real or marketing magic!!!! SInce everyone even the Chi-Com knock-off's can make absolutely beautiful looking trumpets that are complete junk. So that leaves how they sound which also is not a hard act to follow look at how Yamaha,Getzen,Taylor,Eclipse,Edwards, and many more..............All have high end wounderful sounding trumpets from models that sound just like the Bach Strad 37-180ML to models that sound like old vintage jazz trumpets from long gone companies..........So all that is left is to give people the choice to customize the mundane like braces, etching, choice of maybe two brands of valve case, and then final exotic materials like stainless steel valves for instance.

On a practical note I am going to have to look into the stainless steel valves because traditionaly most forms of stain resistant steel do not do well with constant abrasion and such. In fact int he firarm world it is well established that special grease's should be used on stainless steel parts that move a lot like automatic slides to prevent gauling. Stainless steel barrels machine easier and make for more accurate barrels but they arrode at a faster rate from gas checking from the propellent. Some barrel companies do not want you useing a 416R SS barrel in tempatures below freezeing which is common in Michigan for hunting season due to potential stress fractures even though it is insanely rare almost unheard of it can happen. SS valves do not hold up that great in engines either compared to many other alloy's. So I will have to look into what alloy they are useing.

What I always thought about was useing high temptature ceramics for the valve with a hard cromed bore that was also easily replaced. This would almost do away with valve wear and when you wore out the sleece you would just hone it out until the sleeve broke and use heat and pressure to press new one's in. You could do it in your kitchen oven at very low temp's and toss the sleeves int he freezer to contract them. Then again I am automitive/aviation guy that solves manufactureing problems all day long. So I have a completly different take on how some things should be made for the best user experince and life cycle. I like things that are easily rebuilt that will last more then one lifetime. I love precision and respect low failure rate's per million etc...... I also like modular design. The idea of interchangable leadpipes and bells is so ingeniously simply you wounder why all trumpets are not built that way!!

Oh I used to build my rifles but since I sold alot of equipment I now longer do that. I might again in the future after I learn this whole brasswind instrument repair thing!!

I was actualy woundering the other day why no one has wrapped a leadpipe in carbon fiber to keep more of the energy in the pipe. I also thought about why no one extrude hones their trumpets after they are assembled it would easily clean all debrigh out from braceing ,soldering,and plateing. Plus it knock a lot of the high spot's in the bell's profle that are not seen by the naked eye down to make air and sound flow through the instrument much smoother.

I have all kinds of idea's now that I have turned my attenionto trumpet's. As I learn more I have new idea's from the other area's of my life. I think their is plenty of room for improvment in almost all of the instruments we take for granted. Sure most the hard work has already been done for us by those that came ahead of us but that does not mean we can not add to their greatness with little improvments.