Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Recorded Brass Bloopers in the General forums; This was posted on the MouthPiece Brass Band site. I had to share it: http://freespace.virgin.net/andy.cal...ingmishaps.htm Brass playing bloopers. As the ...

Recorded Brass Bloopers

This was posted on the MouthPiece Brass Band site. I had to share it:

http://freespace.virgin.net/andy.cal...ingmishaps.htm

Brass playing bloopers. As the site says,
    As you laugh remember, next time it could be you!!!

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox
    Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Owner: www.allbrassradio.com

Trainwrecked recordings...WOW!

Dr. Feelgood, Jim!!!!

How in the !@#$%^&!!!!!! did he find the recordings of our bloopers....
    Been there....dun-dood-many of these same little "trainwrecks" and hopefully....they'll be many more!

Pianissimo User
    Dr. J,

Listening to this is kind of like watching a guy get wracked in the nads, you feel the pain too. Can you imagine what the audience was thinking?

Thanks for the laughs.

Geo
    53' Olds Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Thevor
    Can you imagine what the audience was thinking?
    I know it hurts. My wife, a pastor and a UCLA music grad sat down with me to listen to them. She majored in vocal music and played the flute in high school. No real brass experience to speak of. At first we laughed pretty hard, then we felt it. oouufff!

I guess all musicians have done that, but especially brass players.

Like Don said, it is a train-wreck

But they are funny. I just hope the next time it isn't me. I'll play those for my students when they think they don't need to practice much anymore!

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox

Fortissimo User
    Having just one week ago sat through my daughter's grad recital I shudder to think of the poor player who KNOWS they're not having their best day; but more especially for the friends and relatives who must suffer along with the performer.

Oh the ingominy of it.

Piano User
    Here's one: 1989 Blue Devils Solo

Imagine this -- you're the soprano soloist for the multiple time World Champion Drum and Bugle Corps. It's finals night and you're performing in front of 30-40,000 people, most of whom have marched corps. You have an upper register solo, in the ballad, on G Bugle. You've nailed it every night in the whole season, but tonight, when it really counts, something goes wrong.

It's a true story. The soloist is now a lawyer in CA.
    --Matt--

Quote Originally Posted by uatrmpt
    It's a true story. The soloist is now a lawyer in CA.
    A forgiving audience in that clip. I'll bet he is a great lawyer. He knows what it is like to "bloop" in front of thousands -- and probably gained some character from it!

M&C
    Dr. Jim Fox

Well now I know that I've finally made it. I was searching through the TM pages to try and find the link to Andy's brass mishaps site, in order to download some of the clips for my new Japanese colleagues. Since I last visited the site there have been some new additions, including the last one on the list. It is a radio jingle for Hamlet cigars - the very last one in a long running (30 + years) series of TV and radio ads, prior to a ban on tobbaco advertising, all of which featured JS Bach's 'Air on a G String' and the same strap line, "happiness is a cigar called Hamlet".

Yes the mystery trumpet player struggling to hit the high C is none other than yours truly! We did about 30 takes and the clients literally had tears rolling down their faces as the whole studio collapsed in hysterics time and again - they kept asking for me to make it worse or funnier or more desperate etc.....

It certainly brought a smile to my face to hear it again - many thanks to Andy for posting it - no really! I actually never got to hear it on air and now I have a copy on my hard disc - great!

All the best. Noel.

Oh geez....I feel sorry for the guy with the Hummel! he even came in early!!!!!!!
    ~Annie

*I may not be great yet, but I'm working hard on it and one day I'm gonna be there.*

Pianissimo User
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie
    Oh geez....I feel sorry for the guy with the Hummel! he even came in early!!!!!!!
    Yeah, how's that for a "premature articulation"? My favourite clip by far from Andy's page.

Jeroen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information