Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trumpet Discussion Discuss Recording your playing in the General forums; Thanks for your input. Who makes mini-disc recorders and what can I expect to pay? Kevin...
    Pianissimo User
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Thanks for your input. Who makes mini-disc recorders and what can I expect to pay?

Piano User
    If you just want a simple recording to listen for wavering time, pitch, etc. I'd suggest a digital voice recorder. I use this one:

Very small, decent quality recording, inexpensive, and extremely simple to use.

Pianissimo User
    Naples, Italy
    I thnk for basic recording that mini-disc is definately the way to go. Make sure that you get one with a microphone input on it!! I saw one online at for $199. As far as a mic goes I would suggest the Sony ECM-MS907. It runs on one AA battery and is going for $80 on the same website. I can send you a MP3 I made of a big band concert using that same mic. It's a really great quality for what is essentially a handheld setup.

EDIT- I'd stay away from the 'T' style mics unless it's on a cord. I have a friend that got one and it had no cord and it plugged right into the side of the recorder. Well it was so sensitive that it actually picked up the sound of the disc spinning on the recording!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information