Trumpet Discussion Discuss Reigniting my Passion in the General forums; Crew, i have a question might pertain to some of you, but i am in need of a little advice ...
    New Friend

Reigniting my Passion

Crew, i have a question might pertain to some of you, but i am in need of a little advice or suggestion. i play my trumpet often and wish to play some more, but am finding trouble finding more interesting sheet music. i have played some pro stuff, but often it gets a little too high perhaps for me. really i just want some american or foreign folk songs that are not extremely difficult. if any one has a couple books i could buy online or in stores, post em!! thanks\

Mezzo Piano User

Re: Reigniting my Passion

Well I am not sure of your style but there is a french website, that has lots of free sheet music for trumpet, and i also transpose there keyboard sheets to Bb, im not sure of the url but i believe its
    1970 Bach Stradivarius 37
    1970s Buescher Aristocrat-student horn
    2012 Dynasty Professional Marching Trumpet

Raiders Drum and Bugle Corps-'11, '12

Why G bugles need to come back to DCI

Other stuff:
    Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 2002
    Honda Fourtrax 300 2x4 1998
    Polaris Indy 500 1998
    Polaris 550 2-up 2007
    Polaris 800 XCR 1999 with custom suspension

Piano User
    New Hampshire

If you want to play folk songs, Hal Leonard has a couple of terrific fake books:

Fake Book of the World's Favorite Songs
    Folk Song Fake Book

Each is somewhere in the $30 range but has over 700 songs (Favorite Songs) or over 1000 songs (Folk Song) and so the per-song price is only pennies.

They're mostly in a very easy range and will provide you with many many hours of playing enjoyment.

Fortissimo User
    Yorba Linda, CA

Here is one source which has a lot of books available online.

Sheet Music Online - Fake Books - Huge collections

But, if you would enjoy some classical works and/or you want something that you could ultimately play as an accompanied solo, here is a book that I think really makes sense. It is called "The R. Bernard Fitzgerald Trumpet Collection" published by Theodore Presser Co. It contains 13 classical numbers that are short enough that you can learn them fairly quickly but are really worth learning. The book has both the Bb trumpet solo part and the piano score. It also has a CD which contains the piano part on audio tracks so you can put it in your computer when there is nobody to play the piano part for you. That contributes greatly to the ease of developing the musicality aspects. They start out at the high end of easy stuff and work up to the middle of intermediate so there is a continuing challenge as you learn them. I really enjoy it. There may be others like it with folk or pop music as well but I have been sticking with this one for my comeback attempt. That is, in addition to having joined a community symphonic band to also learn to play in a group setting which is also a blast.

Good luck.
    Come-Back Kid
    - - - - - - - - -
    Selmer Invicta London ('56)
    Olds Recording ('58, '59, '60)
    Olds Super ('51, '63, '66, '67, '68, '69)
    Olds Standard ('46)
    Olds SuperStar ('71, '72)
    Olds Studio ('55, '59, '70)
    Olds Special ('51, '56, '58, '60, '62,'68,'73)
    Olds Ambassador (a few: '49-'79)
    Olds Flugelhorn ('70)
    (+Eastman, Besson 609 , Conn Director, King Cleveland, Holton Collegiate, Blessing Accord,
    Conn Severinsen, York, Yamaha, Getzen, Amati, Revelle, Bundy, Alcazar)

Thread Information