Trumpet Discussion Discuss Repairs in the General forums; I need to have my Calicchio worked on. I have some damage on the bell and second valve slide. I ...

Repairs

I need to have my Calicchio worked on. I have some damage on the bell and second valve slide. I don't really trust the local shop, so I was wondering where a good place to get some repairs done is.

I was thinking of sending it off to the BrassBow, and also get the valves aligned. Anyone's advice would be helpful.
    ---Brian P. Vessey---
    Horn: Calichhio 1s7 Ultra; Large Bore
    Mouthpiece: Out on Safari

Piano User
    Have Charlie Melk of Charlie's Brass Works in Milwaukee, Wisconsin do your work. He is a phenomenal repair/custom work person. I can't say enough good things about him. Get on the GR website for more info about Charlie; he does some work for GR now.

Charlie has always been very fair and honest with me, and my horns come back from him better than new. He is a master craftsman.

Pianissimo User
    Hey Brian,

Sorry we didn't connect while you were in town.... someday :)

Nich Dyson just had his Calicchio worked on by Rich Ita. PM me and I can get you Nich's email address if you want to talk to him about what Rich did to his horn.

Geo
    53' Olds Ambassador

Thread Information