The image above shows Anthony Delgado, a Music Education major from Western State College (Colorado) receiving a new Getzen Proteus trumpet from Harold Stone of Getzen. Assoc. Professor Dan Kuehn is holding the case as Anthony inspects his new tool.

The trumpet was awarded in memory of Jason Hill, son of Dan and Karen Hill. Dan was a recent graduate of Colorado State University and had played in the CSU big band and was active in theater, while majoring in finance and economics, graduating with honors. He passed in his sleep due to juvenile diabetes, which Karen told us he'd struggled with for years.

Also on stage are some of the great artists featured at our Saturday concert, Trent Austin, Brad Goode and Al Hood (Chase Sandborn is out of camera range).

The organizers of this year's Rocky Mountain Trumpet Fest, Dan Kuehn, Bill Spickler and myself would like to thank the Hills, Harold Stone and Getzen for this generous gift.

Congratulations to Anthony.

I'll add some more highlights to this thread as I get some time to post. The event was a great success this year, despite about 8" of snow on Saturday night. I'll give more details soon.

Dave Stephens