I've been trying some different mouthpieces lately. I have played Schilke for years and wanted to change my tone a little, so I ordered some new pieces. I assumed that a 12B4 would be smaller based on the cup diameter from their website(0.05mm smaller than the 13a4 I use) but when it arrived it was visually wider than the 13. I sent them back to Schilke thinking someone had misdirected the CNC machine, but Phil explained that on these 12s the size 4 rim is a wider and flatter size 4 rim which I didn't realize when ordering. Without getting too bogged down in details, the pieces are one off pieces that have been manufactured for players over the years, added to the lineup, and the numerical system may be misleading in an instance like this one. I was glad to hear that there was no mistake and that Schilke's precision is as precise as ever.

Bottom line: Phil Baughman took the time to contact me with a phone call today and went the extra mile. These guys are so approachable and are willing to work with you to help you get the equipment you're looking for. You don't have to be a famous artist to get stellar customer service from Schilke. It's so refreshing to get this kind of personal touch from a large company these days. It just reaffirms my faith in Schilke products. Thank you! Renold Schilke would be proud!